Suggestion Box

EvilBivol-1

Home cockpits

Is it possible to move the section "home cockpits" to simulation?

because now it is a sub forum under game controllers, and more difficult to find (a bit hidden away)

recently a made some updates to our (dfdt) thread and couldn't find it, and i had to use the search function!

Regards,

Wasserfall

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

You can subscribe to threads - they will then be listed in your control panel for easy finding. Go to the thread in question and hit subscribe under the "Thread Tools".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I support the market-place idea.

Especially since there are a lot of new guys seeking some more advanced hardware from second hand.

I'd also like to see an option for the search-function to e.g. only search in English or Russian forums, maybe even for the other languages forums and also in specific areas, like DCS:GD or LockOn:GD.

Same function should be available for viewing new posts - this has been repeatedly wished for.

I also think that the general tree could be tweaked: At least there could be some links, like a link from the DCS-Forum to Multiplayer. I'd also personally prefer those links to be staggered horizontally, not vertically. IMHO such a link-bar could also replace some stickies.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I'd also like to see an option for the search-function to e.g. only search in English or Russian forums, maybe even for the other languages forums and also in specific areas, like DCS:GD or LockOn:GD.

Do you not have this option in Advanced Search?

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Disregard example - PM with explanation sent ;)

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

• 1 month later...
I'm assuming you mean besides the New Posts function?

http://forums.eagle.ru/search.php?do=getnew

Yes. While that page is useful, it would be better if we could just subscribe to the sub-forums that we are interested in.

I think it's just a setting in the forum software that needs to be turned on, but I could be wrong.

Thanks for consideration,

LP

modules:

F5-E / A4-E / A-10A / AJS-37 / SA-342 / UH-1H / Ka-50 / Mi-8 / CA

would buy:

OH-58 /AH-64A / AH-1 / Sepecat Jaguar / F-111

• 2 weeks later...

So... what's going on?

What ideas did the forum gods to consider ?

Any new functions, maybe new forum skins, new vBulletin version :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

here suggestion for the future of manual.

I have recieved both manual in black and white prints for DCS:Blackshark and Flaming Cliff.

I have noticed that it is hard to read the "balloon" label on the picture which I scanned out of BS manual.

and the Flaming Cliff has very clear numbered on the B/W print.

see attachment to see the difference, just suggesting not to put the balloon label into image. :thumbup:

blackshark.jpg.5d0b46a273ef970bfddea3230bfa9045.jpg

LOFCmanual.jpg.2e1f5a00d7c143c817a3b2ef14b6dece.jpg

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

• 1 month later...

Previously, I could see how many activation left on me of the each purchase, and I have them a few, like most of us. Now anymore I can't see. Can you return that back, so we can see how much the activation rest of us.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

Update the forum header and add FC2 next to BS BUY NOW! button.

BuyNow4.gif

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New Header

Hi:

Seeing as we now have two versions of LOFC, at times when comments or suggestions are made, it could be for Fc1.1 or Now FC2. This can get confusing at times if the poster forgets to add FC2 to their thread. Would it be possilbe for FC1.1 and FC2 have their own headers. Just like the one for DCS. Thanks for reading.:)

• 1 month later...
RSS feeds would be nice, to get a quick view of recent posts.

Agreed.

I'm assuming you mean besides the New Posts function?

http://forums.eagle.ru/search.php?do=getnew

Yup, as explained here...

http://theos.in/internet/howto-add-vbulletin-rss-feed/

Making the following URL the RSS feed for your Announcements Forum...

http://forums.eagle.ru/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=105

• 2 months later...

A-10C Beta sub-forum

Can we create an A-10C Beta sub-forum lest the A-10C main forum become overwhelmed with beta threads? Would make things simpler for newbies. :pilotfly:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming | i5 7600K 3.8 GHz | ASRock Z270 Pro4 | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16 GB | PNY CS2030 NVMe SSD 480 GB | WD Blue 7200 RPM 1TB HDD | Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Mid-Tower | Win 10 x64

• 5 months later...

My suggestion would be to drop that reputation system.

1. As happened to me, one bad rep dumped me to subzero, and that is an unfair system.

2. In RL, I am a physician and am responsible for 40 employees and my patients, so this kind of being rated by someone whom I do not know, who does not know me in RL and who simply dumped me because he did not understand my sense of humor annoys me.

3. The next thing, this is the forum of a commercial enterprise even when there is a community alive. People might be just turned away by such rules.

In a private club we have, we do not have such thing as a rep bar: there is a counter for the posts, and a warnings status. Only mods are allowed to rise or lower warnings status. That is a much fairer system.

No arbitrariness.

doc-e

• Like 1

Only mods are allowed to rise or lower warnings status. That is a much fairer system.

Same here.

I agree that the rep system is a bit silly, but don't confuse that with anything related to administrative action.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I would suggest- if practical- to merge DCS A10 into one forum with tech support categories. It kind of already is from this perspective:

http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=114

but from here- it basically looks like you have 2 separate GD sections to manage..

http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=71

Categories for social groups:

- Online squadrons

- Interest groups

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Unstick the Ka-50 1.01 patch thread http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=44024

Change this to 1.0.2 http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=772227&postcount=58

Delete 1.01 patches from main website download section (afaik, 1.02 is cumulative)

Setup lockon root forum to show all threads by default, not only those of the last day (it seems like it's dead)

Edited by Distiler

AMD Ryzen 1400 // 16 GB DDR4 2933Mhz // Nvidia 1060 6GB // W10 64bit // Microsoft Sidewinder Precision 2

• 2 weeks later...

It would be great if you could notify us of planned/unplanned forum outages via your Twitter feed.

The forum seems to have been down a bit recently and I'm never sure whether to keep hitting Refresh or whether the site is going to be down for hours.

Windows 10 | i5 2500k @ 4.4Ghz | MSI GTX 970 4GB | 8GB RAM | ASRock P67 Extreme4 | Seasonic X-Series 650W PSU | Oculus Rift DK2 | CH Fighterstick, Throttle & Pedals

• 8 months later...

I saw in the latest update for A-10C v1.1.1.0 there is mention that the manual has been updated...

My suggestion would be that you would put a revision number or date on the "Documentation" download section of the main DCS website. It's very difficult to tell if the manuals have been updated or revised without downloading the full file. Even with the file downloaded, the revisions are not clear and are not noted anywhere I've been able to see (Headers/Footers/References).

I could of course be mistaken and please correct me if I am, but I think this should be an easy task and I am surprised it hasn't been done yet.

• 4 months later...

I think would be so much easier to navigate and find the stuff, if creating new threads would be limited to moderators and admins. Cos now, we have new threads created for every question asked. And finding something on the forum is a real challenge. Long story short - it's a mess. I believe, limiting ability to create new threads to moderators would improve overall forum experience.

Edited by Peyoteros
  • Like 1

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]