"Speed and Angels": You HAVE to Watch This!

Bearfoot

Oh this was nice! Thanks for sharing!

This reminded me of my own childhood dream of becoming a fighter pilot. Sadly, back problems prevented me from pursuing that dream, but at least now I have flight sims and my motorcycle ;-)

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

If you have Amazon Prime it's now on there for free :D. I've seen this of course a long time ago on YouTube I believe but I just watched it again in my theater room in HD with Surround sound and it was awesome!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

That was a good one. Thanks for sharing!

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Do some Google-ing on the story of Jay Consalvi. I think you'll be amazed...

Both people were nice to follow, but obviously I was a lot more interested in Meagan's story :bounce:

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

SVTONY, don't fly the F-5 like you fly other fighters. Generally speaking using both ailerons and elevators together is like flying through mud, so keep the wings clean and combine rudder+elevator to point the nose where you need it to go. If the bastard is insistent, add some opposite aileron to pull a high-G roll and make that overshoot happen.

• 1 year later...

That documentary is classic. I have the DVD, got it when it came out. Jay's story is amazing...his callsign was Faceshot because when he was younger he actually got shot in the face. He survived it, and went on to being one of the last Tomcat pilots.

I knew the RIO Faceshot had in the Iraq segment. Over the years though, Demo and I have lost touch. It would be nice to reconnect with him again, or Mango, who was his pilot for many years.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

${1}
jay last cruse

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!