Hawker Hunter. - Page 3 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2018, 01:34 PM   #21
ouPhrontis
Member
 
ouPhrontis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 458
Default

Which do you prefer with the Hunter; Intercept, ground-attack, both?

F.6, FGA 9, with/without tail-chute, with/without dog-tooth extended leading edge wing etc.

Which do you prefer with this aircraft and why?

Note, the export F.6 - Mk 58 - as used by the Swiss was fitted to carry the AIM-9...
__________________
Fly In Peace, John Farley and may your skies remain forever CAVOK.
x2 X5675s | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

Last edited by ouPhrontis; 06-13-2018 at 01:45 PM.
ouPhrontis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:06 PM   #22
Mikke_EAF331
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Umeå, Sweden
Posts: 25
Default

Mk50/J34 also carried Sidewinders, gets my vote, because Sweden.
Mikke_EAF331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:49 PM   #23
ouPhrontis
Member
 
ouPhrontis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 458
Default

Currently I have quite a lot of information on the F.6 pre-leading edge extension.

I've reached out to current operators of the Hunter and also to BAE (once Hawker Aircraft, Hawker Siddeley Group, Hawker Siddeley, BAe), it is proving rather bothersome to obtain information.

One contact at BAE said they didn't know where to get that information due to it being for civi-support. Not giving up.
__________________
Fly In Peace, John Farley and may your skies remain forever CAVOK.
x2 X5675s | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

Last edited by ouPhrontis; 06-13-2018 at 03:07 PM.
ouPhrontis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:37 PM   #24
SVTONY
Member
 
SVTONY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouPhrontis View Post
Which do you prefer with the Hunter; Intercept, ground-attack, both?

F.6, FGA 9, with/without tail-chute, with/without dog-tooth extended leading edge wing etc.

Which do you prefer with this aircraft and why?

Note, the export F.6 - Mk 58 - as used by the Swiss was fitted to carry the AIM-9...
Looks like the Swiss version could carry guided missiles as well (I thought that was a Maverick at first, Walleye maybe?)



I don't know the context of this picture or if that's true.
__________________
https://i.imgur.com/5fmj29H.png

Intel Core i7-6800K/16GB RAM/GeForce 1080/Windows 10/2TB HDD
SVTONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:53 PM   #25
ouPhrontis
Member
 
ouPhrontis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 458
Default

What a great photo, and now a sad sight near my former flying club, J-4083 became G-EGHH, now sat at Hurn, derelict.

Here, SVTONY, the same aircraft in your photo, now down the road from me;

__________________
Fly In Peace, John Farley and may your skies remain forever CAVOK.
x2 X5675s | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64
ouPhrontis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 02:04 AM   #26
SVTONY
Member
 
SVTONY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouPhrontis View Post
What a great photo, and now a sad sight near my former flying club, J-4083 became G-EGHH, now sat at Hurn, derelict.

Here, SVTONY, the same aircraft in your photo, now down the road from me;

Believe it or not she's actually being sold off along with Miss Demenour, ironically, the same aircraft it was stripped of parts to support in the first place.

I was very interested in purchasing Miss Demenour a few years ago, kind of hard to believe she's still for sale.
__________________
https://i.imgur.com/5fmj29H.png

Intel Core i7-6800K/16GB RAM/GeForce 1080/Windows 10/2TB HDD
SVTONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:28 PM   #27
ouPhrontis
Member
 
ouPhrontis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTONY
Believe it or not she's actually being sold off along with Miss Demenour, ironically, the same aircraft it was stripped of parts to support in the first place.

I was very interested in purchasing Miss Demenour a few years ago, kind of hard to believe she's still for sale.
I love that it carries Hurn's designation, I wonder if they'd considered transferring it at the time as that Mk.58 shows as permanently withdrawn from service. Several entries on CAA site for it, presumably as it was on other airframes.
__________________
Fly In Peace, John Farley and may your skies remain forever CAVOK.
x2 X5675s | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

Last edited by ouPhrontis; 06-19-2018 at 09:03 PM.
ouPhrontis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:57 PM   #28
SVTONY
Member
 
SVTONY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouPhrontis View Post
I love that it carries Hurn's designation, I wonder if they'd considered transferring it at the time as that Mk.58 shows as permanently withdrawn from service. Several entries on CAA site for it, presumably as it was on other airframes.
Not quite sure how the CAA does things, I'm on the other side of the pond. One of the reasons I didn't purchase Miss Demenour as well.
__________________
https://i.imgur.com/5fmj29H.png

Intel Core i7-6800K/16GB RAM/GeForce 1080/Windows 10/2TB HDD
SVTONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:11 AM   #29
muehlema
Member
 
muehlema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: LSMM
Posts: 417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTONY View Post
Looks like the Swiss version could carry guided missiles as well (I thought that was a Maverick at first, Walleye maybe?)



I don't know the context of this picture or if that's true.
We had a whole diffrent beast of a Hunter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawker...wiss_Air_Force
__________________
DCS World 2.5.x | F/A-18C | F-5E | A10C | P51D | BF109K | Spitfire Mk. IX | Yak-52 | CA | Normandy | NTTR
Win10-x64 | ASUS Z270E ROG STRIX | Intel i7-7700K @4.5GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift CV1
muehlema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 10:39 AM   #30
SVTONY
Member
 
SVTONY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muehlema View Post
We had a whole diffrent beast of a Hunter

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawker...wiss_Air_Force
Wow! I'm shocked to find out that really was a Maverick. Thanks.
__________________
https://i.imgur.com/5fmj29H.png

Intel Core i7-6800K/16GB RAM/GeForce 1080/Windows 10/2TB HDD
SVTONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:14 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.