Counter-clockwise-rotating engine - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-11-2018, 08:30 PM   #1
Alfredson007

Default Counter-clockwise-rotating engine

So i assume that this plane has counter-clockwise rotating engine, so the primary rudder is left rather than right. Am i correct? Are there any options planned for western style engine? (if there are such in real life).

I have no particular interest in Yak-52, however i am interested in tricycle configured piston engine trainer for DCS, but, while this might sound silly, i really don't like to screw up my muscle memory with counter-rotating engine...
Alfredson007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 06:18 AM   #2
IvanK
ED Testers Team

Welcome to the M14 Yep Left rudder for take off etc. High Speed start feeding in a little right rudder. Most 52's have a neutral point around 125 Knots.
IvanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:20 PM   #3
Los

We will have to add this to the important list of things to worry about.
Los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:30 AM   #4
msalama
Veteran

Quote:
i really don't like to screw up my muscle memory with counter-rotating engine...
Most, if not all, Russian vintage single prop planes had counter clockwise rotating engines. You'll have to get used to it if the DCS WW2 subgame ever expands to the Caucasus...