Nose gear friction

6Gun

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature. The nose gear friction to the ground seems like the friction got lowered so much the wheels push through a turn even when going slow. Not just on a carrier but on an airfield as well.

WIN10-64 HOME Ryzen9 3900x 4.0GHZ, 32GB DDR4, RX6800xt, 1TSSD  Reverb G2, F-14 Simpit (WIP)

Virpil Collective 60 head, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals, TM MFDs, 5 Leo Bodnar boards.

Unfortunately ground physics are somewhat limited and the current friction is a delicate balance between not moving at all and just sliding all over the place, it is a compromise we will have to live with for now. We did not change anything friction wise though.

We did notice however that the F16's taxiing behavior improved, once we understand how and why, we will take a 2nd look.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Right on. Just didn't know if it was reported or not or if others had the same happening to them.

WIN10-64 HOME Ryzen9 3900x 4.0GHZ, 32GB DDR4, RX6800xt, 1TSSD  Reverb G2, F-14 Simpit (WIP)

Virpil Collective 60 head, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals, TM MFDs, 5 Leo Bodnar boards.

My group has noticed in testing that it appears to show up primarily when the carrier is moving at high speed (>20 knots). Lower speeds the 14 seems to taxi normally.

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII