How to add realistic comms

markturner1960

Hi, have the new module installed and a bit unclear as to what is meant by "following the finish steps" as referred to in the manual...

Do I have to do train all the list again? where are the new commands I need to train?

At the same time, I am having some issues getting DCS right again after issues getting the SC installed, but first time I tried to use the plug in , I got no response to my "approaching for refuel" call. log says no recipients available?

Everything seems to be installed and working correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Hi, have the new module installed and a bit unclear as to what is meant by "following the finish steps" as referred to in the manual...

Do I have to do train all the list again? where are the new commands I need to train?

At the same time, I am having some issues getting DCS right again after issues getting the SC installed, but first time I tried to use the plug in , I got no response to my "approaching for refuel" call. log says no recipients available?

Everything seems to be installed and working correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark,

You MAY need to train the new commands, but only the new ones (they have worked fine for me straight away).

For the finish steps, go to the Editor tab of the Vaicom config, press the FINISH button and then do what it says in the dialog box that appears.

Someone else has also said they have had an issue with Approaching for Refuel not having a recipient but mine works OK. Will have a think

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hi, thanks, yes, I am flying tight behind the tanker! Using easy comms, so before never had to set the correct frequency, but in this mission, the channel is 1 and 1, which matches the default anyway, so I don’t think it’s that.

Re the training, my issue is that I don’t know what the new words are that need to be added.....are they mixed up alphabetically with all the words I have already trained? If so, how can I easily find just the new ones, to save me having to do the whole list again...?

Is there a list of new commands anywhere?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Hi Greyman, do you mean the Viacom help manual? On page 70 of that there is a link to the supercarrier operations guide.

You mean this thread, yes? https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198297

On the original post of that the only manual I can see is the viacom pro manual I mention above. I already have this in my help, from the config pop up window....

This morning, I can contact the tanker, so not sure what the issue was last night. So I just need to clarify how to train the new words and where they are...

Are they now added to the keywords list in alphabetical order? Sorry, but I am no clearer on how to do this....

Once you have opened the pdf you might need to refresh the pdf to view the new version (dated May 2020). Page 70 of the latest version lists the keywords for the Super Carrier in a separate table

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Hi Greyman, do you mean the Viacom help manual? On page 70 of that there is a link to the supercarrier operations guide.

You mean this thread, yes? https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198297

On the original post of that the only manual I can see is the viacom pro manual I mention above. I already have this in my help, from the config pop up window....

This morning, I can contact the tanker, so not sure what the issue was last night. So I just need to clarify how to train the new words and where they are...

Are they now added to the keywords list in alphabetical order? Sorry, but I am no clearer on how to do this....

Mark,

I have produced a set of kneeboard images with the extra commands and summary flows of how to use for CASE I, II and III landings which may help. They can be found in this post

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4346494&postcount=34

Edited by hornblower793
Linked to post with attachment

Thanks, have not yet used knee board, so that another thing to figure out!!!

OK, I just found the list of new commands and tried to train them all, mixed results. Not all of them were in the list (why not?) so I used the windows widget to add them. However, several commands remain stubbornly unrecognised by VA, these are:

Cats, Marshal, LSO, Paddles, Approach, Marking Moms, Low state, Overhead, Needles, Meatball.

I added all the new words as per instructions in the aI comms section.

All fairly important for operations I imagine!!! If it said unrecognised in the va window, does this mean that they won’t be picked up?

How can I get these recognised? It’s annoying as some words appear in other -grasses that are recognised with no problem.....

Thanks, have not yet used knee board, so that another thing to figure out!!!

OK, I just found the list of new commands and tried to train them all, mixed results. Not all of them were in the list (why not?) so I used the windows widget to add them. However, several commands remain stubbornly unrecognised by VA, these are:

Cats, Marshal, LSO, Paddles, Approach, Marking Moms, Low state, Overhead, Needles, Meatball.

I added all the new words as per instructions in the aI comms section.

All fairly important for operations I imagine!!! If it said unrecognised in the va window, does this mean that they won’t be picked up?

How can I get these recognised? It’s annoying as some words appear in other -grasses that are recognised with no problem.....

They should all be in the list. Once you registered the licence did you use the FINISH button on the Editor tab and then replace the existing VA commands as per instructions (I had to paste mine into a text document and then recopy them to get them into the VA profile as something in the process cleared the clipboard).

Hi mate, yes I did, shall I try again a third time?

I got the knee boards installed, thanks! How can put them at the top of the stack of other charts etc which are in there?

Which list(s) are they not appearing in (VAICOM config, VA list or both) and which commands is it?

Edited by hornblower793
Appalling grammar :-)

Hi mate, OK. I did again from scratch, funnily, this time, it accepted all words except 2.....

The first time I tried, there were several words in the new list that did not appear in the editor list for trading, but now they are there ( I did try and do these via windows ) except for one, which is “say needles”

I saved again, but did notice this time, the “apply” button was greyed out, so could only push “Done”

It would not recognise Ball, saw it as meatball and meatball was recognised as me meatball or meet meatball.

Here is a screen grab:

7500f096487b856a123678d27e9a89b3.jpg

What do you think? Going to try and see if recognises commands in the sim.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Having checked, Say Needles doesn't appear in my list either but I automatically tried 'Needles' on its own.

For me, 'Ball' works fine but 'Hornet ball' is currently patchy (I note it is very confident you are wanting a meatball:megalol:) - as long as you have one of them working I think you are good to go

In Windows 10 - Settings - Time & Language - Speech. There you can set the language you speak in (US English in this case), and check the box that says "Recognize non-native accents for this language". In my case I never had to train the engine again.