New in DCS. - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-17-2020, 06:35 AM   #1
Thinder

Default New in DCS.

Hey! I just decided to splash the money to get my system up to date, Radeon RX 5500 XT GAMING OC 8GB Graphics Card, THRUSTMASTER T-16000M HOTAS.

With some experience of real flight (low hours but both powered and gliders), thousand of hours in other sims, I think I can find my way around and fly my first aircraft which will be the Mirage 2000.

One question I ask myself though, is it possible to find 10' or 7' HDMI Displays that can be slaved to radar and RWR screens and stay framed on them when the view is changed with HAT/keys?

To me, it is more important than extra memory or new large displays, because of the complexity of the aircraft systems.

I would find it easier to have those screens in front of me (I was thinking a 10' for radar and 7' for RWR), rather than having to go through the "eyes circuit" and check when I need to keep an eye on my environment.

I'd greatly appreciate your advice! Thanks in advance and fly safe!
Thinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 07:11 AM   #2
Lange_666

Send a message via ICQ to Lange_666

For the setup of extra screens, this is your starting point here on the forum:

Input and Output
Win10 Pro 64-bit, i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, Corsair H100i, AsRock Extreme4, ASUS Strix 1080Ti OC 11GB, 32 GB DDR3 G.Skill 2400, Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog but with Virpil WarBRD base & MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR4, Oculus Rift S.
Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, higher FPS!
Lange_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 12:37 AM   #3
Thinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange_666 View Post
For the setup of extra screens, this is your starting point here on the forum:

Input and Output
Thanks!
Thinder is offline   Reply With Quote