Updated Flak Script

mrsteel

So i am messing around with the flak script until AA releases for the wwii assets pack. And i noticed when i fly out the example mission made by the creator of the script the script will work fine. For the mission start trigger, its actions are DO SCRIPT FILE Mistv3_3a.lua and DO SCRIPT FILE flakv2_0.1lua yet when i switch them to the most updated version of each being mist_4_3_74.lua and flakv3_4.lua the script ceases to work while everything is correct. How could i fix this? Or is there a newer updated version of the script for 1.5.6 that i'm unable to find?

Pretty sure the entry in user files contains the latest published version. The version of mist used in the example mission though will be out of date as you mention. Usually Mist is backwards compatible so it sounds odd that you have had issues. I have not had any other reports of what you experience under 1.5.6 or the NTTR map prior to last weeks patch so possibly it's a DCSW 2.1 bug/scripting engine change.

I was planning to try to build a test Normandy mission this evening so will investigate and see what happens.

As far as controlling when the flak fires simply enhance the trigger condition to meet the situation you are after. ie The standard trigger condition is one or more enemy a/c in a named zone. So just add additional evaluations to the condition to meet your requirement. eg you might have the standard enemy aircraft in zone and time more 600 so for the first 10 mins of the mission the flak would not fire or some other combination. One I have often used is to add a ground unit or structure to represent the battery fire control and target director and make it so if it gets killed the flak stops firing. So the condition becomes enemy aircraft in zone and director unit is alive.

Just confirming that I have run a simple test mission this evening with a 16 ship B17 formation and used the latest Mist and the flak script from user files - flakv3.4 and it works fine for me.

Only issues I found is that the B17s make avoidance manoeuvers and break formation when the flak is close enough to damage them and that if I used a single flak regiment (addtgt with 6 batteries ie 24 guns in 6 groups of 4 as per the readme in the script) and high skill that the 16 B17s were very quickly decimated flying at 4000m. Admittedly 13000 ft is a bit low for a raid into Germany but they did fly at that sort of height for raids into coastal France attacking harbours and rail heads I believe.

I'm not sure if that apparent increase in lethality is because of the change from strength to volume in the trigger.explosion action or just something else patched in since I released v3.4.

If I get time I will have a look at it and maybe tweak the accuracy and damage and also make a couple of easy changes I have had in the pipeline for a while now that improves the performance of the script a little.

So I'm not sure what the issue was for you mrsteel, but I don't believe it is the flak script or mist at fault.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

This could be related to the unfinished B-17 damage model. Allegedly they only take minimal amount of damage before a wing falls off.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Just confirming that I have run a simple test mission this evening with a 16 ship B17 formation and used the latest Mist and the flak script from user files - flakv3.4 and it works fine for me.

Not for me. With the newer version of MIST the flak script doesn't work in 2.1.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

The flak script is working fine with me as well with the latest MIST version. However, GCI script is crashing on load.

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

Please share a mission with a working flak script. I still can't get it to work with Normandy. I figure I may as well play with the ME while I wait for fixes.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Please share a mission with a working flak script. I still can't get it to work with Normandy. I figure I may as well play with the ME while I wait for fixes.

Here you go, gavagai - The .miz and .lua files are here.

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

Thanks! I still can't figure out what's wrong with my mission though. I've used this script dozens of times and this time it's not working! Yours works fine.

The flak script is working fine with me as well with the latest MIST version. However, GCI script is crashing on load.

RE GCICAP - Most likely culprit is the airfields & zone names. There were issues when NTTR came out as well. For simple CAPs you might be better off with MOOSE. The only thing really missing from MOOSE these days is GCI guided intercepts and packaging things into one dropped in module ie MOOSE requires some reasonably simple scripting. I will try to find time to look at the GCICAP issue but my schedule is quite tight these days.

Thanks! I still can't figure out what's wrong with my mission though. I've used this script dozens of times and this time it's not working! Yours works fine.

I'm having the exact same issue! It's driving me nuts. I've wasted so many hours today starting and stopping DCS to test it.

Nothing I do is working!

I've used this script before. The example script in this thread works perfectly. And I even got it to work - ONE TIME - then it stopped and I haven't been able to get it to work the rest of the day.

Crazy..

What is really weird, is I can create a new mission, and make it work every time. But when I try to do the same thing in the mission I want to actually use it in.. it just doesn't do anything..

no errors.. and no FLAK.

Tried turning on the debug feature.. where does this get logged? I can't see that it does anything.

Yeah, I just gave up on the mission I was working on. When I put in the exact same scripts and triggers with a new mission it worked fine. Something was corrupted in the .miz file.

Ok for your mission a few minor things.

* Don't put time more 5 on the flakmgr trigger, best for it to run immediately after the mission actually starts. Note that a mission start trigger will actually fire before the mission begins. If you want to control when a flak zone becomes active then add conditions to the relevant trigger for the flak zone.

* use lower case do's and end's

*flak zones were 2368m or something like that. Note that this limits the height that a tgt will be engaged at. Set the zones at around 8000m to correctly represent Flak 36/37 88mm.

The main problem seems to be that even though you had a do script for MIST it was not being loaded. I found these errors in my log:

01422.867 ERROR DCS: Mission script error: : [string "C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openalpha\/~mis00006E83"]:335: attempt to index global 'mist' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[string "C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openalpha\/~mis00006E83"]:335: in function 'addtgt'

[string "do..."]:2: in main chunk

These indicate to me that MIST didn't get loaded. I believe the problem is the filename used for your copy of mist. You used MIST.4.3.47.lua as the filename I believe the DO SCRIPTFILE is having trouble understanding this because of the extra "."s. My copy of MIST 4.3.47 is named MIST_4_3_47.lua and when I used this everything worked fine as far as I can tell.

Here's a link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oqj4gr28nx13ohd/F99TH_WWII-Blockade%20of%20Bayeux.miz?dl=0

Appreciate the help. I'm sure it's something stupid I missing..

Edited by Stonehouse

Can anyone post a Youtbue vid of the script working please?

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.