VR view of A-10C become wired in 2.5.1?

tifafan

And I saw in your picture that you don't have the full HUD, there are missing part at right and all the top ;)

In the screenshot I took, the head position is actually too far aft. HUD looks great by moving just a little bit forward from this position. The top of the HUD might not show up completely but to be honest I don't know if it's supposed to be any different IRL.

Edited by Nooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HUD looks great by moving just a little bit forward from this position. The top of the HUD might not show up completely but to be honest I don't know if it's supposed to be any different IRL.

That's the way it is for me as well :thumbup:

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• 1 month later...

It is worth checking that everyone here is talking about the view in VR, as that is the purpose of this thread.

When you get into the cockpit and recentre your view, your head is positioned where you would expect it to be, a few inches in front of the headrest on the seat, but the HUD is nowhere near completely visible. As stated by someone with RL experience of the aircraft above, when he is sitting in the real Warthog, he can see all of the HUD, but cannot see as much of it when in VR

The current VR experience is not realistic and will not be until the HUD is properly scaled to be visible from the default pilot position.

• 4 months later...
Yes, this is normal.

Originally the A-10C View was set forward of what it should be to Ensure the Entire HUD was visible among other things, as DCS A-10C 1.1.0 was released in 2010/2011, before VR, and the Original A-10 DTT didnt use trackIR IIRC, so the pilots in training at the desk had to keep everything they could visible.

now that VR is here and TrackIR is Widely Adopted by pretty much everyone. The Viewpoint was moved back to the correct Position to be more authentic,

Realistically the A-10C HUD Overscans the Glass Edges in the normal head position.

Thank you so much for clearing that up, this has been bugging me for years.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I get it.

ED only changed the view,in a very very simple way.What they should do is change the scale of HUD at the same time.

This update make A-10C VR gameplay a total disaster.

As a previous poster suggest, through the in game controls it us very easy to set the view to your personal liking and the then save it, it will stay saved forever even after software updates, as far as you dont delete the saved files related to DCS.

I have my view poimt quite forward for better readability in VR.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

I've gotten used to programming 'Cockpit Camera Move Forward/ Backward' and 'Seat Adjustment Up/ Down' while in VR in every. single. sortie.

Most everyone else (Track IR or not) were fine with the viewpoint. Some made minor adjustments to snapviews, lua, etc.

I'm enjoying the new adjustment for those in VR! I still use the 'Seat Adjustment Up/ Down' switch between takeoff (up), cruise (middle), and refueling (down). But the default view is just right for me.

You dont need to. Enable customized snap views in the settings (i think that was the name) and save it once you have your preferref viewpoint, it will stay like that all sorties.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

In 2.5.0, you were a little too close to the panel. 2.5.1 had you sitting way too far back. 2.5.3 is closer to being right, but you're still too far back. A good method to use for setting your default viewing position is to reach out to where it looks like items are on the instrument panel. If you find yourself having to fully extend your arms or to stretch and lean forward, your view position is too far back. Another quick way to check is to grab for the virtual stick. Same thing there. If you have to fully extend your arm or stretch, your view is too far back.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly: