In game and nvidia graphic settings help thanks

Only Nvidea setting i'm aware of that affects DCS is "performance vs temperature-or power"

Further suggestions regarding DCS settings are dependent upon your monitor resolution .

Generally , MXAA , SSAA and terrain shadows settings are the most villainous regarding fps .

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Trying to find out what setting I should set in nvidia options vs ingame.

And also what settings hit the fps the hardest?

I want to stay above 60 fps if a I can.

My specs are.

Gigabyte rtx 2070 gaming oc

i5-6600k @4.2

Team Group Elite 16GB DDR4

Thanks for any advice.

Display type and resolution matter. I don't list my specs in my sig to be a showoff ;)

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

It aint easy oi help you with a magic glass bowl alone.

The reason Pilots list their specs is not to show off or something, it's the technical base we work from.

:)

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

It aint easy oi help you with a magic glass bowl alone.

The reason Pilots list their specs is not to show off or something, it's the technical base we work from.

:)

Correct I'm ot showing off or anything as my computer not that good compared to most peaple on here. only my gpu new after waiting for 4 years to upgrade from a R290 :)

Specs are just to see what setting I should try or not even have on.

I loaded up the Khashuri mission and my fps is about 110 but my cpu and gpu usage seems on the low slide?

I play on 1080 TV thank you.

Screenshot-1.png

My settings ingame.

settings.jpg

Correct I'm ot showing off or anything as my computer not that good compared to most peaple on here. only my gpu new after waiting for 4 years to upgrade from a R290 :)

Specs are just to see what setting I should try or not even have on.

I loaded up the Khashuri mission and my fps is about 110 but my cpu and gpu usage seems on the low slide?

I play on 1080 TV thank you.

Screenshot-1.png

My settings ingame.

settings.jpg

Nobody was accusing you of showing off. :) Just asking for more information. Sorry if I was a bit of a smart ***.

Is it safe to assume you're using helios to export MFD's to another screen or screens?

In NV Control panel, the major thing you want is in your dcs.exe profile under "Power management" to be set to "Prefer maximum performance".

The only other settings that might effect anything in NV Control panel:

you can use FXAA in place of in-game anti-aliasing options. if MSAA or SSAA causes too much of a performance loss.

You can also play around with the texture filtering options, and setting "Texture filtering - Quality" to High Quality disables all texture filtering options. There are descriptions for each of these settings at the bottom of nvcontrol panel.

Also when looking at CPU performance, look at individual core performance. One core running at 99% is 25% total usage on a quadcore. Your screen shows 43% total CPU usage. Given the single threaded nature of DX11 that could indicate a CPU bottleneck, which would explain why your gpu isn't maxed, given that you have the correct power management setting for dcs.exe in nv control panel.

If CPU bottlenecked, resolution increases could put more load on the GPU and offer better quality to performance ratio, although using helios I'm unsure how well that would work. But you can use the in-game SSAA setting to test higher resolutions.

If your ingame res was 1920x1080, I'd say you could probably get away with at least 1.5 SSAA. With helios causing 3840x1080, SSAA might be way too many pixels.

You can try using DSR in NV Control Panel instead of SSAA for resolution increases, but be prepared for a bit of a pita as you have to configure DCS run at whatever resolution DSR would be. Native res - 3840x1080 + DSR 1.25 = (3840*1.25)x(1080*1.25), and you might have to guess where to actually click with the mouse in DCS until you get it set to the correct resolution.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Nobody was accusing you of showing off. :) Just asking for more information. Sorry if I was a bit of a smart ***.

Is it safe to assume you're using helios to export MFD's to another screen or screens?

In NV Control panel, the major thing you want is in your dcs.exe profile under "Power management" to be set to "Prefer maximum performance".

The only other settings that might effect anything in NV Control panel:

you can use FXAA in place of in-game anti-aliasing options. if MSAA or SSAA causes too much of a performance loss.

You can also play around with the texture filtering options, and setting "Texture filtering - Quality" to High Quality disables all texture filtering options. There are descriptions for each of these settings at the bottom of nvcontrol panel.

Also when looking at CPU performance, look at individual core performance. One core running at 99% is 25% total usage on a quadcore. Your screen shows 43% total CPU usage. Given the single threaded nature of DX11 that could indicate a CPU bottleneck, which would explain why your gpu isn't maxed, given that you have the correct power management setting for dcs.exe in nv control panel.

If CPU bottlenecked, resolution increases could put more load on the GPU and offer better quality to performance ratio, although using helios I'm unsure how well that would work. But you can use the in-game SSAA setting to test higher resolutions.

If your ingame res was 1920x1080, I'd say you could probably get away with at least 1.5 SSAA. With helios causing 3840x1080, SSAA might be way too many pixels.

You can try using DSR in NV Control Panel instead of SSAA for resolution increases, but be prepared for a bit of a pita as you have to configure DCS run at whatever resolution DSR would be. Native res - 3840x1080 + DSR 1.25 = (3840*1.25)x(1080*1.25), and you might have to guess where to actually click with the mouse in DCS until you get it set to the correct resolution.

Thank you so much for that information :)

I'm not using helios yet as I had trouble getting it to work before.

So I just have custom file I got from a tutorial to export to me smaller 1080 screen.

mfd.png

Thank you.