Flying the Bf109E

Well, it's not the K4 model we can fly in DCS, but so many words there fits what one can experience in DCS that I couldn't help feeling like sharing. Not only fits 109 but any high performance taildragger in regards of taking off and landing tips, though 109 specific traits are quite recognisable, as well as engine management. Only I think maybe there's a typo when he says airborne happens at 110Km/H, AFAIK even in early 109 stall speed was some 140Km/H. Weird, but who knows. Enjoy.

http://vintageaviationecho.com/bf109e/

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Interesting to read - Thanks for sharing!

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

I don't think that this is a typo since the full flap stall speed of the E-3 (R.A.E test) is only 98km/h and with flaps up 119km/h.
Yes, you're right since it's repeated a couple of times. 110Km/H is a really slow speed, and so close to stall, far away from modern operation standard definitely.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Interesting read and great pics too!

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...
That war the reason I finally got the 109.. jumping into dcs ww2 from others dcs modules and il2.

Very nice read, will try soon how the slats are modelled....

I'm far from being an ww2 aircraft ( or anything ) expert, but if you mean "deploying while on ground" no, and from what I have watched in youtubes of 109 k4 s the same happens to the real counterpart...

In flight the deployment is kind of abrupt. I prefer the graphical representation in that other sim you also use.

It's also possible to see ( in both sims ) these deploy asymmetrically, but it's more difficult to get it in DCS than in IL-2.

Overall, it's a 50 / 50 in details and quality for me... But this DCS model is the only one where I really naturally feel the need to input rudder to coordinate my turns and other maneuvers - it's as if "I was there" … It's DCS, after all :-)

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Well, I mean in flight.

But that was just a detail that catch me reading the 'mastering the Emil' that I want to verify in DCS implementation.

I'm afraid that like other modules (Mig21, Viggen,Harrie and Mi8) the Kurfürst will enter in my hearth and will flight it at study level in single players for months before to enter in actions.

Indeed, currently busy with startup/takeoff/circuit/landing... thinking about young guys in the fighter pilot training on that monster, the 109.

Well, I mean in flight.

But that was just a detail that catch me reading the 'mastering the Emil' that I want to verify in DCS implementation.

I'm afraid that like other modules (Mig21, Viggen,Harrie and Mi8) the Kurfürst will enter in my hearth and will flight it at study level in single players for months before to enter in actions.

Indeed, currently busy with startup/takeoff/circuit/landing... thinking about young guys in the fighter pilot training on that monster, the 109.

Although not having the full 5 senses / seat of pants sensation plays a major role in the innability to sometimes control the simulated aircraft...

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Awesome web page, readings and photos.

Thanks a lot!

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068