at what moment exactly does radar start warm up?

D4n

U sure that Thales didn't engineer to also warm-up radar with "SIL" setting when ground power connected?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

The question is, in reality if SIL will also warm up radar with ground power connected.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 1 month later...
P comes up only if the engine is at certain RPM

I just checked this and when you have Ground power and put the radar operation nob to P CH you have a P displayed on you VTB even with your engine off.

Ok, I've tested this even more thoroughly

I was wrong about the P coming up on the VTB only at certain engine RPM

but I was right that the radar wouldn't warm up without the RPM

yes, you do get that P on the VTB with a cold engine and GPU connected, but the radar isn't warming up. you'll notice that once you start your engine - the P will start flashing

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]