This video said everything ! - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 10:00 AM   #1
Pâte

Default This video said everything !

Not my video, but ED if you could watch it and listen it it would be moooooooore than welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSTE...HgdKyqGmjAqVXU

This guy said with clear explanation what a lot of people here are saying since YEARS, and we are dying to you listen to us.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:45 AM   #2
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Hi all

Nineline and I have had a conversation with our boss about this video, we have agreed there is lots in the video that made sense and we agreed with.
The team have listened and taken on board all of the feedback ( good and bad ) from the community so we hope that you will see improvement in the future, we will of course pass on any news in our newsletters as usual.

thanks for your support
Old 10-13-2019, 11:18 AM   #3
OttoPus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pâte View Post
Well put together, it explains in a very polite way the vast majority feelings.

Every feedback is a cue for improvement, the BIGNEWY reply brings hope.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:21 PM   #4
Pâte

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post
Hi all

Nineline and I have had a conversation with our boss about this video, we have agreed there is lots in the video that made sense and we agreed with.
The team have listened and taken on board all of the feedback ( good and bad ) from the community so we hope that you will see improvement in the future, we will of course pass on any news in our newsletters as usual.

thanks for your support
Like OttoPus BIGNEWY your response is giving a piece of hope. But to be really honest,it's half hope.

With years of frustration stacking, reaching and overshooting the level of enjoyment that DCS provide, i came to the same point as X-CHECK. I will hold back and stop investing any money in DCS until i see concrete progress and not more promises. It's a love hate relation. And unfortunately, i don't intend to be harsh at all, but i wish more people will follow. Change are required, DCS A-10C was released back in 2011. We are now in 2019. It's urgent.

If you prove me in the following months, year, that ED understood the angry raising voice within the community, i will be more than happy to help again by putting money into. DCS still being outstanding on many aspects, and this simulator deserve to live and prosper further more. There is potential.
But let's be clear now to avoid disappointment in a near futur, if fixing the coregame and having the promised features years ago turn out to be having to pay DLC's, it will be (at least for me) the end of the story. I understand that dev need money, but you placed yourself in the current situation. Maybe reconsidering the F2P is something to look at.

Wishing you guys the best and looking foward to see those improvement/corrections.

Last edited by Pâte; 10-13-2019 at 12:35 PM.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:21 PM   #5
ravenzino

I second.

Don't know what else to say... The video basically said it all. I just feel obliged to support it, as my contribution of 2 cents...

Thanks for BIGNEWY's comment. Wish the team behind do take it as seriously.

Just a bit of personal journey with DCS so far... feel free to ignore it...
Spoiler:
I know DCS for quite a while, though not as long as a lot of seasoned community members. But throughout the past one year's intensive game play, my feeling about DCS has changed from curious, to interested, to love, to confuse, to questioning and eventually a bit dry and sad.
While I become more competent in flying a variety of planes, become more capable of carrying most kinds of sorties and get all the needed nearly-top-end hardware, I found there's no decent content for me to enjoy, while all the bugs and incomplete systems only making the rest of the game play frustrating.
I start to spent more time else where, as I know there won't be much meaningful update here in DCS other than bug fixing (and introducing old or new bugs at the same time) and complete those incomplete basic feature that are supposed to be complete from day one... Why bother, I ask myself...

It's like you finally get a shinny tool that you love from childhood, but only find out there's no place to actually use it, and the tool isn't working that well in most occasions although it does get improvement over a prolonged period of time while you can't really see its completion... But when you look back to the company making this tool, they are now busy with producing another tool, because it is believed to be the only way of making money... Now instead of having one incomplete tool to complete, there are two...

Well, I know its just whining, but I do sincerely hope ED can get all these issue solved in a timely manner, because I love this hobby, and hope I don't have to go to alternatives should that day come. Please let me know that I did put my trust (and money) on the right company that actually delivers.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:33 PM   #6
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pâte View Post
Like OttoPus BIGNEWY your response is giving a piece of hope. But to be really honest,it's half hope.

With years of frustration stacking, reaching and overshooting the level of enjoyment that DCS provide, i came to the same point as X-CHECK. I will hold back and stop investing any money in DCS until i see concrete progress and not more promises. It's a love hate relation. And unfortunately, i don't intend to be harsh at all, but i wish more people will follow. Change are required, DCS A-10C was released back in 2011. We are now in 2019. It's urgent.

If you prove me in the following months, year, that ED understood the angry raising voice within the community, i will be more than happy to help again by putting money into. DCS still being outstanding on many aspects, and this simulator deserve to live and prosper further more. There is potential.
But let's be clear now to avoid disappointment in a near futur, if fixing the coregame and having the promised features years ago turn out to be having to pay DLC, it will be (at least for me) the end of the story. I understand that dev need money, but you placed yourself in the current situation.

Wishing you guys the best and looking foward to see those improvement/corrections.
We will all have to be patient as you mention, change does not happen overnight, hopefully in the coming months or year you will see the change that gives you hope.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:54 PM   #7
Pâte

Rome wasn't built in a day.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:53 PM   #8
HC_Official

thanks for posting that video, he does make a lot of very valid points

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software
Old 10-13-2019, 06:53 PM   #9
kontiuka
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoPus View Post
it explains in a very polite way
Not really. When you describe features as a "joke", I wouldn't call that polite. There's a way to critique without being offensive and hyperbolic.

Not to say he didn't make some valid points but the delivery certainly sounded like he had a personal axe to grind.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:56 PM   #10
Svsmokey

A very-well-done video that hits just the right notes expressing the love-hate experience that is DCS .

"Hold my beer"
Closed Thread