Polychop Simulations OH-58D Kiowa

Is this still due to release on the 21st? Also, anyone knows if there is manual already available?

AFAIK the only release info that has been given is "sometime in 2020".

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

That is correct. We aim for a release in 2020, no specific date can be given at this point.

This might be an obvious question but can we expect more twitch live events of the Kiowa as a regular thing leading up to release? I'm getting the impression this sort of community interaction is being favored over forum posts with progress updates. Not a criticism by any means, I know several people definitely appreciate the live events (myself included).

System: Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo / Ryzen 5900X / 128gb Trident Z 3600mHz / ASUS TUF X570 / Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO / Asus Tuf RTX 3080ti / Asus Rog 1000w PSU / TM Warthog + TM Pedals

Modules/Terrains: All but the Mig-19, MB-339, P-47, I-16, CE II, and Yak-52

IRL: USAF F-16C AGR Crew Chief / Private Pilot

Well, I've never seen that before! I tried to watch the video, and it took me to a page that said, "Unless you have a time machine, you cannot watch this video."

So I didn't watch it because...well..I don't have a time machine. Not right now, anyway. It's in the shop.

Well, I've never seen that before! I tried to watch the video, and it took me to a page that said, "Unless you have a time machine, you cannot watch this video."

So I didn't watch it because...well..I don't have a time machine. Not right now, anyway. It's in the shop.

I think they've been doing twitch streams that are only available for a week. I don't do twitch so I'm not sure. But hel gato has a video of it on youtube.

There's a couple other if you don't like his videos.

• 1 month later...

ED is making a time machine. They said it will be released in....2 weeks :D

• 1 month later...

Out of curiosity can polychop clarify a general time frame that the OH58D is representative of? It looks like a very late life variant.

From my own research i've done it seems this is a very least 2012 but very likely later period Kiowa given certain characteristics such as : replacement of the monochrome displays with color displays, AN/AAR47 V2 MWS and the availability of APKWS.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Will the HMD for the OH58 be added?

The Kiowa didn't really have an HMD, it's been discussed in the following threads...

Page 2 of this one: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=280306&highlight=coota0&page=2

and this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=274799

You may be thinking of Top Owl, the USMC worked with it for their Cobras and Hueys

https://www.thalesgroup.com/en/markets/aerospace/flight-deck-avionics-equipment-functions/topowl-helmet-mounted-sight-display

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry if it passed somewhere before (forum search didn't gave any results), but has there been any mentioning about pilot body?

I truly look forward to the Kiowa, but to me a pilot body is an absolute must when playing in VR. It's just such an immersion killer for me, when I feel like being a floating head inside a cockpit. (It's actually one of the reasons for me not to buy certain modules)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Hi Sirrah, yes the Kiowa features pilot bodies already.

Sweet.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Hi Sirrah, yes the Kiowa features pilot bodies already.

Great to hear it's part of the initial release :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Sorry for asking, and I admit being obsessed about it :P, but are there any images/videos yet showing the pilot body (from in cockpit perspective of course).

System specs:

I have not seen any Polychops photos of the OH-58D with an ALQ-144 infrared countermeasure set installed at the base of the tail boom.

Is it going to be on the final release module?

Sorry if this has already been asked already and replied too.

I bet the Polychops Pilots will be better than the Razbam M-2000 pilot.. :)

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I have not seen any Polychops photos of the OH-58D with an ALQ-144 infrared countermeasure set installed at the base of the tail boom.

Is it going to be on the final release module?

Sorry if this has already been asked already and replied too.

I bet the Polychops Pilots will be better than the Razbam M-2000 pilot.. :)

Hi! Since the ALQ-144 was removed from the version is being done, that was retired in 2017 in the us army, is not going to be simulated. Was not that useful IRL anyway.

Barundus words:

" For Gen 1 threats, it was deemed counterproductive on KW due to low signature anyway. For Gen 2+ threats, you have to have very specific jam programs. There weren't that many Gen 2+ threats in Iraq or Afghanistan at the time, so it was removed to save weight.

Now CMWS is more effective across the spectrum."

Chinook lover - Rober -

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Obviously 2020 has come and gone, do we have any projection on the release date?

• Like 1

Website (DCS Content): https://sites.google.com/view/spinossimulationsite/home?authuser=0

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@SpinosSimulations

System Specs: Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 3060, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM

DCS Wishlist: F-8E/J Crusader, Kola Peninsula Map, F-14B(U), F-14D/ST-21 Super Tomcat