Operation Snowfox - Persian Gulf PvE Playground - Page 12 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-26-2019, 02:35 PM   #111
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habu_69 View Post
What is FOX? Where is FOX:New() defined??
I won't be using that method as I've got my own zone around the carrier.
Surrexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 11:52 PM   #112
Mith86Arg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrexen View Post
I won't be using that method as I've got my own zone around the carrier.
oh, it's ok, but i was talking about protect the players doing the refueling process.

@Habu: it's on moose develop branch, idk why frank doesn't promote his work... but it's another module made by him, its a better "missile trainer" IMHO.

https://flightcontrol-master.github....ional.FOX.html

Reach me out @ moose discord, read the docs on that link, or ask frank, don't want to hijack this thread.
Mith86Arg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 12:35 PM   #113
Habu_69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith86Arg View Post
oh, it's ok, but i was talking about protect the players doing the refueling process.

@Habu: it's on moose develop branch, idk why frank doesn't promote his work... but it's another module made by him, its a better "missile trainer" IMHO.

https://flightcontrol-master.github....ional.FOX.html

Reach me out @ moose discord, read the docs on that link, or ask frank, don't want to hijack this thread.

OK Tx.
Habu_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 05:58 PM   #114
tn_prvteye

Does the unit persistence only work if you open the Mission in MP? I play SP (and change my Wingmen to AI) and just run it through the Mission Builder...I got the Mission Complete message, landed back at the Carrier, but saw no new LUA fles in the MIZ file. Just curious if I was screwing something up.

Yes I've commented out the "sanitizeModule('os')" and "sanitizeModule('io')" sections. I play the DCE stuff, too...so they were actually already removed.
tn_prvteye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 12:16 AM   #115
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_prvteye View Post
Does the unit persistence only work if you open the Mission in MP? I play SP (and change my Wingmen to AI) and just run it through the Mission Builder...I got the Mission Complete message, landed back at the Carrier, but saw no new LUA fles in the MIZ file. Just curious if I was screwing something up.

Yes I've commented out the "sanitizeModule('os')" and "sanitizeModule('io')" sections. I play the DCE stuff, too...so they were actually already removed.
The created lua files don't end up in the .miz file, they will end up in the root folder of your DCS installation. Works in single or multi.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:11 AM   #116
tn_prvteye

Excellent! Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
tn_prvteye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 09:02 AM   #117
Surrexen

I am currently in the process of re-writing a number of functions and have found what I think is a reasonable solution to the problem of air starts for multiplayer and having ground starts for single player as an option for those that prefer it that way. There will be a flag setting in the mission editor (I'll just call it Game Mode so it is easy to find) that will be set to 0 by default and will run the mission in multiplayer mode (AI will use air starts). If this flag is set to 1, then the mission will run in single player mode (AI will use ground starts). That way server admins won't freak out that people could change the settings via the radio menu, and it is a very simple change to make inside the editor for those that want to run it in single player mode.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:35 PM   #118
sirrah

Quote:
I am currently in the process of re-writing a number of functions and have found what I think is a reasonable solution to the problem of air starts for multiplayer and having ground starts for single player as an option for those that prefer it that way. There will be a flag setting in the mission editor (I'll just call it Game Mode so it is easy to find) that will be set to 0 by default and will run the mission in multiplayer mode (AI will use air starts). If this flag is set to 1, then the mission will run in single player mode (AI will use ground starts). That way server admins won't freak out that people could change the settings via the radio menu, and it is a very simple change to make inside the editor for those that want to run it in single player mode.
As a SP only user, I'd prefer it the other way around .. but ah well, I'll change it in the ME then

By the way, when one of the allied flights is shot down, am I the only person thinking about this guy?

oh Jezus Christ!
sirrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:04 PM   #119
rmk80

Quote:

Look like this instead:

do
sanitizeModule('os')
--sanitizeModule('io')
--sanitizeModule('lfs')
require = nil
loadlib = nil
end
In DCE you need to put -- in front of the os and io module.
Is it correct your mission needs -- in front of the io and lfs module?
Just checking, because I'm not seeing any lua scripts in my root folder.
rmk80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 10:43 PM   #120
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmk80 View Post
In DCE you need to put -- in front of the os and io module.
Is it correct your mission needs -- in front of the io and lfs module?
Just checking, because I'm not seeing any lua scripts in my root folder.
This isn't DCE, I have no idea how DCE does it as I have never used it. You only need 'lfs' and 'io' to be remarked out. The .lua files that get created get put in the DCS installation folder. Not the saved games folder. The files for Snowfox are called SnowfoxUnitInterment.lua and SnowfoxStaticInterment.lua.

Let me know how you go