MISTRAL suspected bug - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-24-2018, 07:15 PM   #11
Sanbato

the stinger and the mistral do not have the same characteristics. as a result, polychop has created a missile (which does not exist in DCS) from scratch from missile models provided in DCS with behavior that does not match the mistral
Sanbato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:00 PM   #12
Dino Might

So, why doesn't it match? I don't understand. Existing missiles incorporate fixed duration of thrust, and cutoff of booster animation. Why was Polychop prevented from incorporating these things appropriately? (i.e., what limits of the game environment are the cause of the aforementioned design decision?)
Dino Might is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:30 PM   #13
FoxAlfa

Well, I agree that something is wrong with the Mistral since it's more feard on the Blue Flag servers then the Eagle. I don't want to repeat the names players use for them since of the decency rules.

Last edited by FoxAlfa; 11-19-2018 at 11:56 AM.
FoxAlfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:53 PM   #14
Varis

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxAlfa View Post
Well, I agree that something is wrong with the Mistral since it's it more feard on the Blue Flag servers then the Eagle. I don't want to repeat the names players use for them since of the decency rules.
The main problem could be that it's very easy to get on target. Instant lock and fast flight which makes it very effective in helicopter only environments. It was removed from the last round of the Helicopter Tournament.

I've seen mistrals miss at least due to flares and also seemingly direct hits might result in very little damage quite often. But overall it's quite effective against the right target.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS
Varis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:59 AM   #15
Dino Might

It's deadly, but may be too deadly because of its reach. That's what I'm hoping someone can comment on authoritatively. Is the range and acceleration of the mistral close enough to actual over its flight envelope?
Dino Might is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 02:20 PM   #16
Eviscerador

And I don't see anyone talking about the uncanny ability of the IR seeker to detect targets even through solid objects.

I've used the Mistral on PvP servers (no shame tbh) and I can track enemy helos behind hills and just ambush them at the moment they enter the valley.

That being said, I have also being locked and shot down by a Mig 29 using a R27 semiactive radar while being stationary in front of a hill side at 5 ft over the ground. Super duper pulse radar! And yeah, I know it was a radar missile because the Gazelle has RWR. It was not an ET fired with the EOS.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:22 PM   #17
Deano87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviscerador View Post
And I don't see anyone talking about the uncanny ability of the IR seeker to detect targets even through solid objects.

I've used the Mistral on PvP servers (no shame tbh) and I can track enemy helos behind hills and just ambush them at the moment they enter the valley.

That being said, I have also being locked and shot down by a Mig 29 using a R27 semiactive radar while being stationary in front of a hill side at 5 ft over the ground. Super duper pulse radar! And yeah, I know it was a radar missile because the Gazelle has RWR. It was not an ET fired with the EOS.
Spinning rotor blades tend to create quite a good doppler return IRL, dunno if that is an effect here?

Proud owner of:
PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs : 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.
My Screenshots
Deano87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 09:28 PM   #18
ZHeN
Veteran

Default I'll just leave these here

can we please remove AIM-9X from the hornet and put MBDA Mistral on it ? since it's the best Fox2 in the game

Last edited by ZHeN; 12-07-2018 at 10:53 PM.
ZHeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:00 AM   #19
Kazansky222

Great videos Zhen. I agree the mistral just doesn't seem to perform "the way it should" considering its better then an aim9x. Or maybe all other Fox 2's are broken? Which I don't believe.

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 195.201.110.22
Kazansky222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 02:50 PM   #20
FoxAlfa

:Sarcasm On: Can I replace my R-27r with Mistrals.... since they outperform it? :Sarcasm Off:
FoxAlfa is offline   Reply With Quote