Memory Limit/Load Issues - Page 12 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 06:54 PM   #111
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdstrike View Post
^^deferred shading definitely has a huge performance impact....
the problem is, that the whole game now seems to be designed around it now...the whole lighting is completely off without it, so one is pretty much forced to have it set to on.

also i doubt that there is no memory leak....last time i was flying online, everything was fine...until the server restarted the mission....normally my game crashes anyway during that process, but this time, i "survived" the reload, but from then on, i experienced horrific frame rates, insane stutters and freezes....obviously i was running out of memory....32GB ram and a gtx1080 installed on my rig. when i quit the game and rejoined the server, everything was back to normal....
I have not seen any issues like this, was this the only time it "ran out of memory" or is this a constant for you. Are you using an SSD?
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 04-10-2018, 06:57 PM   #112
birdstrike

actually its been the 2nd time now,...both incidents after the latest patch....yes 500GB SSD installed.
it felt like the game had still all the objects from the mission before the reload in the cache, and additionally loaded the new mission "above" it....well it was the same mission...dont know if that was what really happened, but at least it felt like it.

Last edited by birdstrike; 04-10-2018 at 07:01 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:58 PM   #113
tflash

In single player I have no issues at all. I have a very mid-range system, or should I say low-end?:

Dell Core i7-4790 3.6 GHz 12 GB RAM with a Geforce GTX 745 4GB Windows 10 Home 1709

I fly it 2560*1440 medium + deferred shading with no stutters and smooth workings, even when I do missions with the MOOSE framework.

It works even better on my portable, a Dell XPS 15 9550 16 GB i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz Win 10 Pro 1709 with Intel graphics 530 + Nvidia GTX 960M 8 GB, which I run 1920*1080 in High settings + deferred shading.

I find the performance on both machines in single player better than DCS 1.5
Old 04-10-2018, 07:03 PM   #114
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
actually its been the 2nd time now,...both incidents after the latest patch....yes 500GB SSD installed.
it felt like the game had still all the objects from the mission before the reload in the cache, and additionally loaded the new mission "above" it....well it was the same mission...dont know if that was what really happened, but at least it felt like it.
What mission, I can try and reproduce, but I have not seen anything like this personally, and I am running 16GB.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 04-10-2018, 07:05 PM   #115
birdstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
What mission, I can try and reproduce, but I have not seen anything like this personally, and I am running 16GB.
burning skies server...the only mission they have running,...ROAD TO EVREUX.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:05 PM   #116
Distiler

Quote:
That sound like what I've reported some minutes ago. The previously loaded mission was still in memory, even screens of it poped out of nowwere.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...83#post3448483
Old 04-10-2018, 07:05 PM   #117
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
burning skies server...the only mission they have running,...ROAD TO EVREUX.
Anyone else having issues like you? On that server?
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 04-10-2018, 07:08 PM   #118
birdstrike

the friends i fly with usually crash during the reloading process, just like i do 90% of the times, or they have the main menu visible above the actual mission like a visible layer...so they are forced to quit and rejoin. so i dont know tbh...
Old 04-10-2018, 07:08 PM   #119
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distiler View Post
That sound like what I've reported some minutes ago. The previously loaded mission was still in memory, even screens of it poped out of nowwere.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...83#post3448483
With things being loaded to memory, and not being unloaded, this is exactly what ED is aiming at. But its not a memory leak. A leak would just continue to drain more and more memory for no good reason until you run out and it crashes.
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 04-10-2018, 08:49 PM   #120
bolek

Quote:
A leak would just continue to drain more and more memory for no good reason until you run out and it crashes.
This is exactly what happens to me when I try to record video using the mission editor recorder (see my previous posts in this thread).
Closed Thread