Weekend Live Stream

Wags

No aerial refueling.....no ILS.....no IFF ability which is a big issue with MP......I'm not getting a lot of wow factor with this aircraft. The cockpit looks very well done. I'm just not sure what I would do with this thing.

Iff? For the sidewinder? Not so much a problem for me - but why everyone wants a balanced module for these team deathmatch server?! And then on other threads there is a lot crying about realism?!

It's not an FA-18, it is what it is.

No personal offense, don't get me wrong.

Nothing new with icons (than what we know now) but glad to see: Caucasus 2.0, F/A-18C and Normandy map.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Iff? For the sidewinder? Not so much a problem for me - but why everyone wants a balanced module for these team deathmatch server?! And then on other threads there is a lot crying about realism?!

It's not an FA-18, it is what it is.

No personal offense, don't get me wrong.

How do you determine Red or Blue without IFF on MP? Some servers have F15s, SU27s and Mig29s on both sides.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

That's the problem!this world-of-tanks-like deathmatch games should not be the reference for modules.

Just play a realistic Mission or scenario and you do not have such a problem...

And I can't remember a real F-5E fought against an F-15 of their own country ( expecially aggressor mock fights)

Knowing your enemy is a matter of tactic , communication and briefing - not just a IFF return on a radar

• Like 1

How do you determine Red or Blue without IFF on MP? Some servers have F15s, SU27s and Mig29s on both sides.

Flight and Asset management.

Know where your Assets are supposed to be.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Will get that F-5 for sure and love the no reference to the F-18s on the ramp and the UI icons!!!!!!!! So excited.

Wags does a good job at showing these and I am happy with every module.

+1 on everything you said!

• Like 1

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

So what's that radar used for? No radar guided missile, no IFF, only for better SA and ranging?

(I've seen the reply about "how important the SA is" on this forum for 3 or 4 times... plz not again)

But when you find your target is in 30 nm far away of you, you still need to sneak into 5 nm in order to launch aim-9, and pray its RWR won't warn him. (and need another telescope to see the flag on its wing?)

after that, what's the advantage of it?

I confuse with it again.

So what's that radar used for? No radar guided missile, no IFF, only for better SA and ranging?

(I've seen the reply about "how important the SA is" on this forum for 3 or 4 times... plz not again)

But when you find your target is in 30 nm far away of you, you still need to sneak into 5 nm in order to launch aim-9, and pray its RWR won't warn him. (and need another telescope to see the flag on its wing?)

I confuse with it again.

To Avoid fighter contact and pass on the info to the CAP. If I'm flying the tiger in a modern arena it will be as a ground pounder with some bite.

Honestly, guys, people scream about realism, and don´t realise IFF isn´t the be all end all solution you think it is. The IFF we have is a very gamey system, that just checks for the coalition and done.

In real life, IFF systems are nowhere near perfect, they can fail, for instance, or give uncertain returns, because they can basically only confirm "Ours-everyone else"...so an allied Nations IFF will not return a positive.

Which is why all the air combat since the introduction of BVR had very restrictive ROEs that pretty much prevented BVR from occuring...with only 4 BVR kills in total from Vietnam to the Gulf war...

The Gulf War turned things a round a little bit with it´s round the clock AWACS calling the shots, but even then there was still much confusion and VID had to be performed anyway...

Most kills had been WVR and alot with sidewinders, even on super awesome BVR centric platforms like the F-14 and 15...

So, crying that the F-5 has no IFF...if it didn´t, it didn´t, and that´s that. If it did, that´s different.

There are other ways to IFF targets, mostly accomplished through communication and SA, realisitic scenarios and so forth. There will be Servers that run F-5 vs MiG-21 exclusively, I can guarantee that, and so you won´t have IFF problems because of the distinctive sillouhettes.

So I´m not complaining, it would just be another quirck to work around, which comes naturally with older aircraft.

Which this STILL IS!

Edited by Chrinik
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GCI: "Control to SEAD: Enemy SAM site 190 for 30, cleared to engage"

Striker: "Copy, say Altitude?"

GCI: "....Deck....it´s a SAM site..."

Striker: "Oh...."

Fighter: "Yeah, those pesky russian build, baloon based SAMs."

-Red-Lyfe

Best way to troll DCS community, make an F-16A, see how dedicated the fans really are :thumbup:

Honestly, guys, people scream about realism, and don´t realise IFF isn´t the be all end all solution you think it is. The IFF we have is a very gamey system, that just checks for the coalition and done.

In real life, IFF systems are nowhere near perfect, they can fail, for instance, or give uncertain returns, because they can basically only confirm "Ours-everyone else"...so an allied Nations IFF will not return a positive.

Which is why all the air combat since the introduction of BVR had very restrictive ROEs that pretty much prevented BVR from occuring...with only 4 BVR kills in total from Vietnam to the Gulf war...

The Gulf War turned things a round a little bit with it´s round the clock AWACS calling the shots, but even then there was still much confusion and VID had to be performed anyway...

Most kills had been WVR and alot with sidewinders, even on super awesome BVR centric platforms like the F-14 and 15...

So, crying that the F-5 has no IFF...if it didn´t, it didn´t, and that´s that. If it did, that´s different.

There are other ways to IFF targets, mostly accomplished through communication and SA, realisitic scenarios and so forth. There will be Servers that run F-5 vs MiG-21 exclusively, I can guarantee that, and so you won´t have IFF problems because of the distinctive sillouhettes.

So I´m not complaining, it would just be another quirck to work around, which comes naturally with older aircraft.

Which this STILL IS!

I'm completly agree whit you!

[sIGPIC]index.php?action=dlattach;topic=17112.0;attach=7646;image[/sIGPIC]

www.36stormovirtuale.net

MiG-29 ...... i want you

What can we expect with a Mig-29 update? Are we talking ASM as well as PFM?

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

What can we expect with a Mig-29 update? Are we talking ASM as well as PFM?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144353

To round out the collection of updated aircraft for Flaming Cliffs 3, the team is working on updating the MiG-29. This will include both a new, high-resolution 6 DOF cockpit and a new external model. After the F-15C, Su-27 and Su-33 Professional Flight Models (PFM) are complete, we also plan a PFM for the MiG-29.

The MiG-29 will have the same level of cockpit systems fidelity as the other Flaming Cliffs aircraft.

This will be a free update for Flaming Cliffs 3 owners.

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Also glad to be getting some info on 2.5 in the recent streams. Really looking forward to when that's closer to release and ED feels comfortable sharing concrete details and images.

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

I confuse with it again.

You don't drive your car into a wall praying you will miss it :)

You won't show up on his RWR because your radar will be off until you ID him and set behind him. Then the Radar will help your gun pipper to show you the lead.

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

+1, I can tell you during the Gulf War when we were RTB in our CH-53E humming along at 180 knots and were unaware that the IFF was functioning incorrectly. We got the &*%$ scared out of us as as we were intercepted by F-16 out of no-where. Yes IFF is far from perfect.

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals