View Poll Results: Documentation Language
English 108 90.00%
Spanish 20 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2014, 02:50 PM   #11
outlawal2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagrum View Post
English of course - the DCS community is international and english is the lingua franca of it. Every other language can only be a secondary add-on, even if it is the native language of the RL main user country, the RL manufacturer or the devs native language.

If I were a 3rd party dev, I would try to provide the documentation in the following order:
- english
- language of the main user country / manufacturer - for the "authentic touch"
- french / russian / spanish / german (seens to be spoken by the majority of the community)
- all other
Nice post.. Sensible approach!
Old 08-21-2014, 06:04 PM   #12
clafly

Italian of course
Win10 64bit- Asus 970 PRO Gaming/Aura- AMD FX-8350 4.3GHz- MasterLiquid Pro 140- RAM DDR3 16GB 1600MHz- NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB- TM Warthog HOTAS- TM TFRP Rudder- TrackIR 5 TrackClip Pro- 2xSSD + 2xHDD;Lock On FC; FC2; FC3; A-10C; Nevada; Caucasus; Normandia+AP; Persian Gulf; All Campaigns; Ka-50 BS2; P-51D; UH-1H; Mi-8MTV2; F-86F; Combined Arms; C-101; L-39; F-5E; M-2000C; Spitfire LF Mk. IX; AV-8B NA; "Hawk thrown into toilet bowl"; F/A-18C Hornets; Yak-52; Free MB-339A/PAN
clafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:32 AM   #13
ESA_maligno

The original CASA´s Pilot Handbook.
ESA_maligno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 08:24 PM   #14
Rabbl

Russian of course. Maybe for some free c-101 keys someone can translate it to native dcs language. You must remember - huge part of russian pilots buy non-russian planes only if it have fully translated docs.
Rabbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:57 PM   #15
tomcatter

What Flagrum said has alot of sense to me, english first, so that is the mother language of this forum and is the better way to achieve a more widely support of your product.
Then, well, I imagine that is a matter of time/founding the way that the other lenguages are pushed to us.
Maybe now days and in a biz like this one, a good and well shaped manual in english will be enough, like in RL.
tomcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 09:58 AM   #16
Darkwolf

Wait gentlemans -

Why create a poll about spanish language in a English forum ? the primary users of an eventual spanish manual will be people that don't speak english. Do you think they is a lot of them in this forum ?
Darkwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 11:04 AM   #17
Rabbl

Lot of russian on forum and most of them look at english part of it
Rabbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 12:17 PM   #18
Ce_Zeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwolf View Post
Wait gentlemans -

Why create a poll about spanish language in a English forum ? the primary users of an eventual spanish manual will be people that don't speak english. Do you think they is a lot of them in this forum ?
Your premise is false. There are a lot of Spanish speakers who speaks English too.

And you forgot Google Translator. I read Russian forums (tons of useful information of Russian aicrafts) too and I don't speak Russian, but with Google traslator, I 'm able to understand what they are writing.

I think,it's reasonable ask if we want a Spanish manual when the aircraft is Spanish and many of team members are Spaniards (low development cost, maybe it's profitable). LN relesed a Serbian manual for the Fishbed, for example.

Another interesting question is...The size* of the Russian market is enough to justify a Russian manual?

*Potential buyers.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:23 PM   #19
VBS_Nero

Quote:
Originally Posted by clafly View Post
Italian of course
Confirmed
VBS_Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 12:44 AM   #20
Darkwolf

Quote:
ur premise is false. There are a lot of Spanish speakers who speaks English too.
Stats shows 22%. If that's the same calculation than in France, that is surely a way less that are able to communicate more than the basic school "hello, i am wolf".

(France showing 50% while from my experience is nowhere close to 20)

So yeah, i maintain that this thread should have been posted in spanish in the spanish section, and on relevant spanish sections.

Also, from my experience in community stuff - I don't believe more than a couple of % of DCS customer are actually on that forum anyway.
Darkwolf is offline   Reply With Quote