Operation Clear Field - Caucasus PvE Playground - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-13-2019, 09:59 AM   #31
Super Wabbit

This is a great mission, my friends and I have been playing it almost every night. Thanks for your hard work.

Typically its just two of us playing at any one time. Even with a fighter sweep and CAP up we're finding it difficult to complete missions in the Gudauta area because we're spending our time trying to clear enemy fighters. It's like we can't carry enough missiles while carrying any A2G stores.

Can't tell you how many times the Gudauta fighters spawn right under us.

How can I increase the time between waves? Is it just modifying the LowInterval and HighInterval values in the A2A Defense System lua?
Super Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:50 PM   #32
Badass1982

Quick question (i know u can do it in the client) but is there a way for me in my server to disable the firing sounds by default??

Thanks

Martin
Badass1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 09:55 AM   #33
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Wabbit View Post
This is a great mission, my friends and I have been playing it almost every night. Thanks for your hard work.

Typically its just two of us playing at any one time. Even with a fighter sweep and CAP up we're finding it difficult to complete missions in the Gudauta area because we're spending our time trying to clear enemy fighters. It's like we can't carry enough missiles while carrying any A2G stores.

Can't tell you how many times the Gudauta fighters spawn right under us.

How can I increase the time between waves? Is it just modifying the LowInterval and HighInterval values in the A2A Defense System lua?
That is correct, you can mess about with the timing there. I will look into increasing the intervals before the next update
Surrexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 09:57 AM   #34
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badass1982 View Post
Quick question (i know u can do it in the client) but is there a way for me in my server to disable the firing sounds by default??

Thanks

Martin
Yes the variable is inside the main script routine of the Operation Clear Field script. Look for 'OnShotSoundsEnabled = 1' and change to 0. Can't say i'm not disappointed though as I spent a lot of time getting that stuff working
Old 10-14-2019, 11:00 AM   #35
TrollingThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrexen View Post
Yes the variable is inside the main script routine of the Operation Clear Field script. Look for 'OnShotSoundsEnabled = 1' and change to 0. Can't say i'm not disappointed though as I spent a lot of time getting that stuff working
I love the sounds, great job with those!

Edit: and the sam launch sounds.. very cool!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
TrollingThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:00 PM   #36
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollingThunder View Post
I love the sounds, great job with those!

Edit: and the sam launch sounds.. very cool!

Did I mention how much I love Norwegians? I was in Kristiansand in June and I absolutely loved it, will have to come back some time and go further north and see the lights!
Old 10-14-2019, 01:15 PM   #37
TrollingThunder

Quote:
Did I mention how much I love Norwegians? I was in Kristiansand in June and I absolutely loved it, will have to come back some time and go further north and see the lights!
Tromsø is beautiful in the winter

TrollingThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 06:51 AM   #38
Super Wabbit

Quote:
That is correct, you can mess about with the timing there. I will look into increasing the intervals before the next update
Thanks for the response. We doubled those values tonight but it still felt overwhelming. Almost like there are more than one cap group being spawned in the cap zone. But looking at the script that doesn't seem to be possible.

But,

Is this a typo? Is the Kuznetsov cap group supposed to spawn in Zone 4?

Code:
--ZONE 5 / Theta / Admiral Kuznetsov
REDA2ADispatcher:SetSquadronCap( "Theta", CAPZoneRed4, 1000, 10000, 600, 800, 800, 1200, "BARO" )
REDA2ADispatcher:SetSquadronCapInterval( "Theta", 1, 600, 1500, 1 )
Super Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 07:02 AM   #39
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Wabbit View Post
Thanks for the response. We doubled those values tonight but it still felt overwhelming. Almost like there are more than one cap group being spawned in the cap zone. But looking at the script that doesn't seem to be possible.

But,

Is this a typo? Is the Kuznetsov cap group supposed to spawn in Zone 4?

Code:
--ZONE 5 / Theta / Admiral Kuznetsov
REDA2ADispatcher:SetSquadronCap( "Theta", CAPZoneRed4, 1000, 10000, 600, 800, 800, 1200, "BARO" )
REDA2ADispatcher:SetSquadronCapInterval( "Theta", 1, 600, 1500, 1 )
I will check it, lots of stuff got changed around it's possible a typo got made. Keep in mind the Western side the red air spawn and defend closer to their home base than the Eastern side, as the Eastern side bases are North of the mountains and they have further to travel to get into position. Therefore the Western side is more heavily defended, if you want to look at it that way. Sochi in particular is a hard target, similar to how Havadarya and Bandar Abbas are hard targets in Operation Snowfox.

Edit: Yes it was a typo it should be CAPZoneRed5 which is slighly more West of Sochi. I remember mucking about with it and must have forgotten to change it back. Good spotting! Fixed internally will be in the next build.

Last edited by Surrexen; 10-15-2019 at 07:23 AM.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:21 AM   #40
Surrexen

Version 110 is up now:

Changelog v110

- Bullseye waypoint added to F-16 groups to allow TGP to work
- Black Sea Fleet CAP Zone has been changed to a moving zone around the Kuznetsov
- Minor adjustments to red air spawn timers

By correcting and changing the way the CAP zone around the Black Sea Fleet works, It should allow for slightly more breathing room in the Western side. Therefore I have not changed the spawn timers significantly, but the maximum time has been extended to 15 minutes. Be aware since the Kuznetsov moves towards Sochi, over time the CAP zones will get closer together until the boat turns back around. Should be an interesting one to test out.