Operation Clear Field - Caucasus PvE Playground - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-28-2019, 04:28 AM   #21
Surrexen

Version 103 is up.

Changelog v103
- Latest Moose Version added
- Carrier deck decorative aircraft adjusted to allow for AI Tomcats/Hornets to launch hot from parking
- Kutaisi Vipers will now start from the ground instead of in the air
- Options under Clear Field Options -> Clear Field CAP options to allow for Kutaisi Vipers to spawn, and an option to choose for Fleet Defence Tomcats or Hornets (you can only choose one type of fleet defence at this point)
- Carrier Group has been moved slightly to the North-East so it is a little closer to the coast and slightly closer to the front lines
- Tanker Texaco/Shell flight paths moved slightly further north

Enjoy
Surrexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 01:39 AM   #22
Surrexen

Version 104 is up.

Changelog v104
- Carrier Fleet Defence Planes patrol zone tightened up around the boat
- Carrier Fleet Defence / Kutaisi Vipers engagement ranges adjusted
- Carrier Fleet Defence / Kutaisi Vipers damage threshold added
- Enguri Dam, Igla Manpads positions adjusted, thanks Panthir from Greece for pointing this one out .. swim time is over!
- Ochamchira Mobile SAM location adjusted

Edit: Unless any major problems come up, I think that will be it for a while until the Syria map comes out.

Last edited by Surrexen; 08-29-2019 at 01:42 AM.
Old 09-02-2019, 03:11 AM   #23
Surrexen

Version 105 is up.

Changelog v105
- Soundscape has been expanded to include a bunch of new sounds for weapon firing events, you can toggle this on/off via the radio menu under Clear Field Sound Options. New sounds are enabled by default.
Old 09-05-2019, 04:51 AM   #24
Surrexen

Version v106 is up.

Changelog v106
- Improvements to the way AI support flights go RTB when told to abort mission, they should fly home at the correct speeds now
- Notification about enemy bombers incoming has been removed
Old 09-21-2019, 12:59 PM   #25
Surrexen

v107 is up which now provides a persistent world environment.

Changelog v107

- Persistent world for ground units, ships and static objects, this will require de-sanitization of 'lfs' and 'io' in MissionScripting.lua. On servers please ensure that the simulation is being run with sufficient privileges to write to the DCS World installation folder.
- Train missions have been substituted for other targets due to issues with mission scripting
- Recovery tanker for carrier group has been introduced, and rescue helo because why not. Big thanks to FunkyFranky for the script and the guys at =JAGTF= for pointing me at it! The recovery tanker frequencies and tacan have been added into the mission briefing
- F/A-18's and F-14B's on the Stennis no longer have a pair that start with air to ground load-outs. The CAP groups for each have been increased to a group of 4. This is part of a re-organisation of tail numbers and callsign adjustments which I will explain in more detail when it is finalised.
- A-10C group increased to 4 planes
- AV/8B group increased to 4 planes
- M-2000C group increased to 4 planes
- A bug with the target report on server environments where the report would spit out twice for each player under certain conditions has been fixed
- Radio channel adjustments for some planes

Note: if you do not de-sanitize 'lfs' and 'io', then the script for persistent world will halt, but the rest of the scripts will run without it so if you don't want to enable this feature then you can still enjoy without it.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:17 AM   #26
Surrexen

v108 is up

Changelog v108

- Due to the result of recent testing in multiplayer environments, all AI flights (red and blue) will now start from the air
- Due to the above, the timings between red squadron spawns have been lengthened slightly
- To stop catastrophic mayhem on the carrier deck when all 8 slots spawn at once, Hornets will start on the catapults and Tomcats will start parking hot, this is to hopefully avoid them spawning on top of each other
- Carrier decorative static aircraft on elevator 1 removed due to the reasons above

Note: I am going to see if I can come up with something later down the line so that if you are running it in single player the AI flights start from the ground for immersion, and
start from the air if it is running in multiplayer. I didn't really want to have to make it air starts but too many issues come up in multiplayer otherwise.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:50 AM   #27
RommY

This mission is absolutely fabulous. We spend hours on it.
Yesterday we have had a request (for you) :

the same mission BUT .... only with Cold War units (15,sabre,21,19...T55 sa2 and sa3 etc,etc .....)
Is it possible for you to spend time on this idea ? PLEASE !!!!!!!
RommY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 03:11 PM   #28
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RommY View Post
This mission is absolutely fabulous. We spend hours on it.
Yesterday we have had a request (for you) :

the same mission BUT .... only with Cold War units (15,sabre,21,19...T55 sa2 and sa3 etc,etc .....)
Is it possible for you to spend time on this idea ? PLEASE !!!!!!!
Not at this stage, I have spent the last week re-writing the code for both this and Operation Snowfox and am busily re-testing everything before I send out the next update. Also I don't own the MiG-15, Sabre or MiG-19 so that makes testing it problematic!
Old 10-02-2019, 06:42 AM   #29
RommY

Yes, it's going to be complicated.....
Doesn't matter , it's largely enough and we have a lot of fun on it
thanks for all .
RommY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:17 PM   #30
Surrexen

v109 is up:

Changelog v109

- F-16CM bl.50 added to Kobuleti (4 slots) and Kutaisi (4 slots). Loaded with HEI-T gun ammo and no fuel tanks since we can't jettison them yet
- Extra F/A-18C's added (4 slots)
- Extra F-14B's added (4 slots)
- Plane tail numbers slightly adjusted
- More efficient code
- Pinpoint strikes can now attack ground units (the current mission target must be in the sector they were called to)
- F-15E added to the roster for pinpoint strike planes
- GameMode flag switch added which will swap the game mode between multiplayer (air starts for AI) and single player (ground starts for AI)

Note: I will post instructions with a screenshot on how to change the game mode in the Snowfox thread shortly.