Military vs Civil Simulation

borchi_2b

I really have flown them all over the years.

Once you learn the general aviation stuff, it can get boring.

It is more about learning flight rules and procedures in a lot of cases.

The whining that occurs in those sims.

If things aren't exactly right...Wild.

It gets to just making flight plans and hitting an Auto Pilot button in some cases although the challenge to get there is entertaining for a while.

DCS World in my humble opinion has the most realistic aircraft and flight models.

I can definitely see a market for civilian model transport aircraft which were used for Relief and Military use in the time period and locale.

I would fly a C-47 all day long and definitely create missions and campaigns around it.

With some twin engine props in the rumour mill for future DCS, there is enough hope to keep me happy here.

Bringing her in with nasty weather with a cargo of life saving supplies has a nice ring to it.

I wouldn't get overly excited about the whole commercial/General aviation world.

They are so opposite, I would suggest not using the DCS World Name on it if you go that route.

We all need to understand that in the development of things like DCS world, often GUIs and procedures and tools are developed to enable their creation faster and easier.

Adding new aircraft becomes easier and easier once the systems are in place.

Throw all that into the rumoured "gaming" version and make lots of money so we can spend more on the Combat side in the more maps department. Win/Win

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Military all the way! Got interested in DCS in the first place because of the full combat environment with helicopters and ground forces.

That said there would be some room for a mixed aspect. Think about cases of civilians using military bases/airspace or there being civilian missions for Mi-8.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

For starters, full civvie would need a complete ATC redesign and possibly lots of other stuff too. But how about military support AC, such as the venerable C-47 / DC-3 or the mighty Herc? Either one would be a day one purchase for me at least :thumbup:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

TL;DR: Since most of the time I spend in DCS, I'm just flying around, doing basic navigation, sightseeing, aerobatics etc., I'm much in favour of civilian planes which I may hope to fly IRL someday, as long as they are fun to fly. Therefore I'd immediately buy a Cessna 172 but probably not a 747 (except maybe to support the devs and probably not at $70).

Accurate ATC etc, while important for replacing FSX as a kind of "real-world" trainer, is not at all important for just flying around.

The Yak was a day-one purchase for me and not one that I regret, on the contrary!

As for military vs. civil:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cessna_172#Military_operators

:music_whistling:

Edited by Zius

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

The type of civil aviation I'd enjoy seeing in DCS would be the work side of things, there's plenty of sims for commercial airliners and cessnas but not a lot that actually focus on the workhorse aircraft.

Flying doctors, Flying boats & STOL bushpilots and the like, SAR helicopters, Coast Guard, Logging, Linemen, Forest Firefighting, Heavy lifting & Construction and so on...

These would be some interesting aspects of civil aviation to focus on.

Anything else tbh I see as just a shade of grey next to other more established civil aviation sims

The type of civil aviation I'd enjoy seeing in DCS would be the work side of things, there's plenty of sims for commercial airliners and cessnas but not a lot that actually focus on the workhorse aircraft.

Flying doctors, Flying boats & STOL bushpilots and the like, SAR helicopters, Coast Guard, Logging, Linemen, Forest Firefighting, Heavy lifting & Construction and so on...

These would be some interesting aspects of civil aviation to focus on.

Anything else tbh I see as just a shade of grey next to other more established civil aviation sims

Well said! I would like to see that as well. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Hi,

completely agree with Buzzels. Already now mostly busy with DCS.

Civilian helicopters would certainly let me quit with FSX.

Also the mentioned DC-3 would perfectly fit in the Normandy map...

So go ahead- perfect job so far!

WIN10-Pro., ASUS ROG Z390-E, INTEL Core i7-970K, RTX 2080Ti, 64GB RAM, ACER Predator XB271HU 2560 x 1440 144Hz, DCS Open Beta: SSD970 EVO Plus 1TB, DCS Stable: SSD 870 EVO 1TB

Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar (U2nxt) / Foxy, Simpeds , TrackIR 5

At least for helicopters i think this would be really great. Cause there i can see a bunch of mission types i actually would like to play myself. Fire-fighting, sea rescue ops, general accident rescue and relieve ops....food and immergency goods delivery for UN type of missions. I guess it wouldn't be really hard to implement this, but it needs to be fleshed out with a good amount of surrounding assets.

I would love Civil planes in DCS.

Especially STOL capable Aircrafts like the Twin Otter and a Nepal Map with all its Small and Dangerous Airfields.

Or think about Amphibious or Water Airplanes an Type of Plane which is Completely missing in DCS.

And implemented Freight Transport cababilities would make all of them usefull as military transporter.

They should add Unflat Airfields aswell. Because nearly no Airfield is really flat.

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

A Robinson R44 Cadet, both used as civil and military trainer, great to fly. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Some designs made their mark in both civil aviation and the military. The DC3 for example or in the helicopter world the mi-8. These are aircraft I have no problem with incorporated into DCS world. But ultimately I would prefer to see DCS remain as a combat simulator.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Some designs made their mark in both civil aviation and the military. The DC3 for example or in the helicopter world the mi-8. These are aircraft I have no problem with incorporated into DCS world. But ultimately I would prefer to see DCS remain as a combat simulator.

Sure but which one are you likely to actually fly. I know which one(s) I have flown. :thumbup:

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Sure but which one are you likely to actually fly. I know which one(s) I have flown. :thumbup:

I love the Mi-8. But it can carry weapons. As for the DC3. I love the look of it, always have. Probably wouldn’t be able to say no if it become available.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I love the Mi-8. But it can carry weapons. As for the DC3. I love the look of it, always have. Probably wouldn’t be able to say no if it become available.

I know I just love how they fly. :D