Dogfight question

Rhinozherous

Hey Pilots!

Do you think it is easier to dogfight in a F86 Sabre than in a P51?

For my question imagine a fight vs the typical enemy (Sabre vs MiG15 - P51 vs Bf109)

I asked myself this question because I thought it must be easier because the F86 has more power and agility, so to say it is easier to control...

At this time I train vs AI and have the feeling it is harder in the P51 - I think about getting the Sabre for jet-dogfighting.

Thank you for your opinion :idea:

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

The F-86 is easier to fly and has a better gun sight. I would say overall it's easier than the P-51. However as WinterH said, the MiG-15 AI is difficult. If you are in a F-86 vs MiG-15 fight, you can still have your hands full.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I have both F-86 and P51D and the F-86 is easier to dogfight with as the sight uncaged with radar is a big help. The other thing is the torque of the P51D prop and the engine management required makes the P51D a handful to dogfight with. A good aircraft to practice against is the SU25 when flying the F-86 the AI can be a handful with the Mig15.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Speed and over G in the sabre is a big hurdle.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

That where my thoughts, especially about the torque of the mustangs prop in a dogfight. I didnt know that the AI in the MiG is a hard one, very interesting!

As I purchase the Sabre anyway (collect them all :thumbup: ) I think I will do more dogfighting training in it, maybe I can take some experience someday to the P51.

I also will fly it online, I never tried it because of the expected short life time... but maybe I can spot a MiG pilot who is the same level like me :D

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

does the Albatros L39 ZA has a chance in a dogfight, against F86 / MiG 15??

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

No, unless it sneaks from behind and fires a missile. But it's much slower so will have trouble even catching up.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro