Controlling vehicles with Combined Arms unplayable in VR

backspace340

Not sure if this is a known bug or not, but currently if you take personal control of a vehicle with Combined Arms then the view is completely broken in VR (I use Steam VR if that makes a difference).

It's instantly vomit-inducing - 1) The screen stops head tracking, so when you move your head, the view doesn't follow - the screen stays static and 2) The HUD overlay moves with head movement, but moves opposite to your head movement (i.e. if you move your head left, the sights go to the right). Both of these effects at the same time are bewildering and nauseating (and I've got an iron stomach for VR!).

It works fine in the F10 view, but as soon as you take control of a vehicle (by Right Alt + J), then it breaks. I only play multiplayer, so I can't say if it's the same in single player.

its best played in isometric view. i set up an xbox controller for the left hand "steering and other buttons" then right hand for mouse "turret" rudder pedals for accelerate and brake. its actually very good. oh the turret doesn't seem to work on the xbox controller that's why use the mouse with right hand.