map-area big enough for navigational error - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-14-2020, 04:25 PM   #1
twistking

Default map-area big enough for navigational error

I'm really looking forward to the map. The screenshots look absolutely great.

My only concern is the map size reducing England to the upper left corner of the map.
I really hope that the English part will be big enough to comfortably have missions there that don't involve channel hopping without constantly operating at the edge of the map's detailed area.
Also the detailed area should be vast enough to allow for some navigational errors when channel hopping, so that lost pilots can still use vfr navigation, when they eventually reach England.
While i understand that London is technically out of scope for the map, i wonder if this could turn out to be problematic for navigation and immersion, for example when operating from Detling airfield. I'm sure that the city of London was an important nav-aid, especially at night.
Even if london does not get properly modelled, maybe it would be possible to have it represented in world textures and lighting, so that it was visible from afar without generating a lot of draw calls. This is also in expectation of the night lighting overhaul promising near infinite draw distance for city and street lights.

tldnr: Please make England big enough for pilots to not unintentionally leave the detailed area.