F-5E Tiger II issues

Murdok123

New “Flyer” here.

Recently I started flying the F-5E Tiger II and have noticed a few issues.

- The aircraft is rather difficult to slow down. Even with the speed brakes and landing gear extended, it takes “miles” to bleed off speed;

- The aircraft will not taxi on one engine. Even with the remaining engine at full throttle

- AoA Indexer discrepancy: The AoA indexer performs anywhere between 30 - 40 below the calculated landing speed depending on aircraft weight, e.g. calculated landing speed 155 KIAS - “donut” indicates correct AoA around 110/115 KIAS. (The aircraft still “flies” at 100 KIAS when clean).

Have any of you F5 Jocks experienced these issues and if so, where you able to find a solution.

Many thanks.

Looks like you are flying in game mode since I haven't experienced a single issue you posted, except the first point which is quite normal for most jets.

Since you didn't state what speeds you are talking about and if you were in level flight or descending, it's impossible to find out if it's unrealistic.

Edited by bbrz

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

It does take some slowing down because its so light and pointy, but not so you overfly the runway. Once it gets dirty, flaps and landing gear it takes some throttle to keep the speed up. Also it needs trim nose up a lot to keep the AOA needed for touchdown. Plus it has a chute for stopping because the brakes are non existant at high speeds :)

Happy flying its a great little jet:thumbup:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It does take some slowing down because its so light and pointy, but not so you overfly the runway. Once it gets dirty, flaps and landing gear it takes some throttle to keep the speed up. Also it needs trim nose up a lot to keep the AOA needed for touchdown. Plus it has a chute for stopping because the brakes are non existant at high speeds :)

Happy flying its a great little jet:thumbup:

My personal experience with the Tiger is, that I constantly have the feeling I will not make it to the runway and I indeed have to add power in the very last segment, lets say a half mile out. The AOA indicator is green, yes fine, but the aircraft for me feels like "falling from the sky" with a (felt) high sink rate. Im getting better and better with every landing, but with the Tiger - and for me this is a funny part indeed - I have to use most of my resources to get it safe to the runway.

F-14 .... whohoooo EASY, Viggen ... pah ... SUPER EEEEEASY, but the Tiger constantly needs my whole attention. But thats OK, I need demanding aircraft ... :D

I love to fly the F-5, it is really one of my favorites.

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

My personal experience with the Tiger is, that I constantly have the feeling I will not make it to the runway and I indeed have to add power in the very last segment, lets say a half mile out. The AOA indicator is green, yes fine, but the aircraft for me feels like "falling from the sky" with a (felt) high sink rate. Im getting better and better with every landing, but with the Tiger - and for me this is a funny part indeed - I have to use most of my resources to get it safe to the runway.

F-14 .... whohoooo EASY, Viggen ... pah ... SUPER EEEEEASY, but the Tiger constantly needs my whole attention. But thats OK, I need demanding aircraft ... :D

I love to fly the F-5, it is really one of my favorites.

A lot of people (myself included) fly relatively fast (~200 KIAS) approaches with the Tiger; seems more controlled and you typically won't see green on the AOA indicator until your (moderate) flare, if at all.

Early Cold War Servers

https://discord.gg/VGC7JxJWDS

I love all the modules, but always come back to the F-5, grew up around them, (and T-38s) so that is part of it. I understand some feel the details and specifically the pit need improvement. But I always marvel when flying it, the panel is done well in my opinion. May be luck, but I do as well in this as any other jet on create quick mission mode. Have bested some Flankers and Fulcrums, which was a pleasant surprise.