Avoid pop-up of communication menu - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-24-2018, 02:43 PM   #1
TOViper

Default Avoid pop-up of communication menu

Hello and merry Xmas!

Can I somehow avoid pop-up of the communication menu, e.g. after requesting startup and receiving startup clearance the menu immediately pops up again and switches to ATC menu.
I have problems with this since ... ever!? "Easy communication" is off, "radio assist" is also off.

This automatic pop-up often interferes:
.) When switching to outside views since I don't see the communication menu all the time when using VR
.) When using VoiceAttack, which doesn't consider the comm menu open and thus the request go into nowhere

Please help, this is a nasty thing since a long time for me (and for sure for others).

Thanks and kind regards,
TOViper
| CSL | i7 6700 @ 4.0 GHz | GTX 1070 8GB | 24GB 2666MHz DDR4 | 256 GB SDD + 1 TB HDD | CH 568 Combatstick USB | Win7 Professional 64-Bit | using Oculus Rift CV1 | Not buying any "early access" stuff anymore just to see it getting abandoned 2 years later for yet another "early access" module. Feature complete + 98% bugfree == money.

TOViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 03:00 PM   #2
Svsmokey

Vaicom pro plugin for VA has a comm menu disable option in preferences

"Hold my beer"
Svsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 12:07 PM   #3
TOViper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svsmokey View Post
Vaicom pro plugin for VA has a comm menu disable option in preferences

Thanks for your quick reply.
Is there any other method, like edit of a config ... lua whatsoever ... I am currently not using ViaCom.
| CSL | i7 6700 @ 4.0 GHz | GTX 1070 8GB | 24GB 2666MHz DDR4 | 256 GB SDD + 1 TB HDD | CH 568 Combatstick USB | Win7 Professional 64-Bit | using Oculus Rift CV1 | Not buying any "early access" stuff anymore just to see it getting abandoned 2 years later for yet another "early access" module. Feature complete + 98% bugfree == money.

Old 12-28-2018, 12:47 AM   #4
discwalker

I greatly appreciate detailed instructions how to disable the hateful auto pup-up comm menu.
I don't know what is vaicom pro.
(The menu can popup in the F10 map view also, in sneaky invisible mode)
Menu blocking look around with mouse (my only good method) blocking changing views in play and replay. Abort inbound and resume mission rather than go to cockpit view. Opens up in totally unwanted page. Opens up after asking refuel and rearm...
The only one existence reason is the loop section of AAR, when we ask for "clear contact"
Old 12-28-2018, 03:48 PM   #5
Svsmokey

Quote:
Originally Posted by discwalker View Post
I greatly appreciate detailed instructions how to disable the hateful auto pup-up comm menu.
I don't know what is vaicom pro.
(The menu can popup in the F10 map view also, in sneaky invisible mode)
Menu blocking look around with mouse (my only good method) blocking changing views in play and replay. Abort inbound and resume mission rather than go to cockpit view. Opens up in totally unwanted page. Opens up after asking refuel and rearm...
The only one existence reason is the loop section of AAR, when we ask for "clear contact"
Vaicom pro is a plug-in for VoiceAttack . The two of them cost about 20$ total , and vastly improve immersion by providing realistic voice coms/commands to all DCS AI com menu functions . Very helpful in VR as well .

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198297

Above is a link to Vaicom Pro

"Hold my beer"
Svsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 03:38 PM   #6
TOViper

I don't have anything to against the "automatic loop" functions, when a submenu is entered depending on conditions.

The problem I have is that the comm menu appears, with which I always struggle around, and I simply cannot get rid of this behaviour.
Please ED, can you add user-options for enabling and disabling automatic pop-up of the comm menu?

This I would HIGHLY appreciate!

Thank you and kind regards,
TOViper

Old 03-09-2019, 04:05 AM   #7
Eldur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOViper View Post
Please ED, can you add user-options for enabling and disabling automatic pop-up of the comm menu?

This I would HIGHLY appreciate!

Thank you and kind regards,
TOViper
+infinite
Old 03-09-2019, 06:51 AM   #8
smallberries

I see your infinity and raise you a "For the love of God and everything Holy!"
smallberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:07 AM   #9
TOViper

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallberries View Post
I see your infinity and raise you a "For the love of God and everything Holy!"

2 times infinite. Please, add an option for removing comm menu popup. Please!!!

Old 01-14-2020, 12:56 PM   #10
TOViper

Question

ED, have you ever read this thread?

Can we please have an option to decide if comms-menu is allowed/disallowed to pop up, and to allow/disallow entering a context specific submenu?

Is this somehow possible?

Thank you in advance and kind regards,
TOViper