Trim | I know I am missing something

Hallister

How can i find the WoW Switch in the F18? I play with german language and if i search for weight on wheels i cant find a thing, same if i search for the German translation. The STAB 24 problem occur no matter if i start complete empty with low fule around 13.000 Kg or complete loaded with 21.000 kg. The only difference is that I cant fly armed because the STAB 24 Problem will kill me faster if my plane is heavy. I appreciate your help much because I feel so stupid and helpless at this point. I want to fight against team red and not my aircraft

How can i find the WoW Switch in the F18? I play with german language and if i search for weight on wheels i cant find a thing, same if i search for the German translation.

It's not a cockpit switch. It's a sensor which prevents things like the undercarriage being retracted while the aircraft is on the ground.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Takeoff trim sets to 12, regardless of weight, which is fine for a rolling field takeoff. For carrier takeoffs, you must manually set the trim according to the aircraft's weight (referencing the NATOPS and the CHECKLIST page in your aircraft).

That’s my understanding as well. For catapult takeoffs you push TO trim button then manually set trim according to GW. Field takeoffs, you just push the button. All takeoffs are done at half flaps. Okay, thanks for backing me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Weight on wheels does not affect the light logic at all.

This 'balloon' bug has been there for a lonnnnnnnnnnnng time, it's less after DCS fixes, but it's still there (not even me, I see others have that, I make sure I don't) and no one knows when it show up, but one can have wild guesses and WOW is one of them, try a too shallow pitch up to bounce on/off/on the runway and you'll see.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

I love you guys srsly it seems the problem was that I had the main setting to arcade. Even the Autopilot is working like intended. I had the first good time in the horned, thanks so much! Funny tho Arcade Wikipedia: "Arcade games often have short levels, simple and intuitive control schemes, and rapidly increasing difficulty.". This wasnt simple :D

For anyone who doesn't know - you can "fix" this issue without having to land or restart etc...

If you're in the air and stuck in the nose up/trim up situation do the following

1) make sure you slow to 250kts (or less)

2) put your wheels down

3) pul your flaps to stage 1 (middle /takeoff position)

4) press/hold takeoff trim button for 1-2secs

5) problem fixed - clean up and enjoy the rest of the mission

• Thanks 1

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.

• 1 year later...
vor 18 Stunden schrieb skywalker22:

For me trim works really slow, I have to press and hold like 5 seconds that I can see the difference a bit. Is that ok? Im kinda used from other planes, where only a press makes a difference. Here a press does nothings (means only 10-20feet/minute).

You need your flaps to be down for "fast take off trimming". In auto mode, they move very slow.

• Like 1

Is there a way to "quick re-trim "on air? After drooping weapons'..or we have to use R-CTRL <?>:

Edited by Peter22

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals