Mariana Islands Map & DCS: WWII - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-17-2020, 11:38 PM   #61
amazingme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiromachi View Post
How are they going to collect bucks if Marianas map is meant to be free ?
Even worse then..

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk
Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:
Spoiler:
2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5
amazingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 04:00 AM   #62
msalama
Veteran

Quote:
exactly, there's none.
You inexactly claim there're none when there's the Mi-8. If that thing has bugs they're so insignificant that I haven't noticed them.
Old 01-18-2020, 06:33 AM   #63
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingme View Post
ED should focus on the existing Normandy map which is far from what we want. With the Pacific theatre they'll just collect some bucks from the fanboys and forget about the rest of us.. They should change the business model, the current one does not help any of us. Tell me ONE module which is 100% playable or bug free.. exactly, there's none. I still have hope for a decent WWII environment.. but I'm not that young anymore.

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk
If you don't like the pacific, then probably a discussion about the Pacific is one you would want to avoid, please stay on topic, and let's not turn this into another argument.

Normandy Map is being updated, there is a thread for that.

WWII Europe has its own section.

Plenty of places to talk about that, and not clog up other threads. Let people enjoy what they want.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:44 PM   #64
||CaptHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
If you don't like the pacific, then probably a discussion about the Pacific is one you would want to avoid, please stay on topic, and let's not turn this into another argument.

Normandy Map is being updated, there is a thread for that.

WWII Europe has its own section.

Plenty of places to talk about that, and not clog up other threads. Let people enjoy what they want.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates"
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit | Intel Core i7 3770K @4.2 | Asus P8Z77-V Pro Thunderbolt | 32GB Patriot Limited Addition DDR3 1600MHz Ram | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen|Saitek x52 Pro|
||CaptHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 11:27 PM   #65
Pikey
Veteran

I wonder how long before we can get a TBD to try these new torpedoes in development. I think that was my favourite Pacific type mission. I guess we have a few years to wait for the assets to come together for Pacific. But it most likely has the best setting for carrier and air combat that can be done the best by DCS. I hope this is of interest to ED, I'd be able to hang up my current gen fighter suit forever if we can get a fairly well rounded Pacific set of assets. There's nothing more faithful than a good FM and a set of guns and bombs.... no avionics guesswork, ECM, ECCM, funky radars and all the rest of the awkward-to-simulate stuff.
Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 12:57 AM   #66
Akatsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
I wonder how long before we can get a TBD to try these new torpedoes in development. I think that was my favourite Pacific type mission. I guess we have a few years to wait for the assets to come together for Pacific. But it most likely has the best setting for carrier and air combat that can be done the best by DCS. I hope this is of interest to ED, I'd be able to hang up my current gen fighter suit forever if we can get a fairly well rounded Pacific set of assets. There's nothing more faithful than a good FM and a set of guns and bombs.... no avionics guesswork, ECM, ECCM, funky radars and all the rest of the awkward-to-simulate stuff.

+1 to that.
Akatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:05 AM   #67
Jackjack171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki View Post
a few months ago ED was looking for someone fluent in japanese to help translate DCS in said language. So that obviously mean they are interested in the japanese market, and if you want to appeal to a crowd, you need something that speaks to it, so it's not that silly to think that ED MIGHT be working on a japanese aircraft.

One can dream.
I would love an F-2. I was stationed in Misawa and saw them everyday.
Jackjack171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:05 AM   #68
Jackjack171

And yes I know, (and own) we have an F-16 lol!
Jackjack171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:57 AM   #69
Akatsuki

The Viper is the closest thing to the F-2 we'll ever get in DCS i guess. But that's off topic.
Akatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 01:01 PM   #70
alado

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
Just as a bit of info some might have missed:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comm...m_medium=web2x

NSSGrey
10 points
·
1 day ago
Dear Sir, we will make a WWII version of Marianas and it will be free. Many thanks for your support and passion. Kind regards Nick
thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, and …… thanks,
alado is offline   Reply With Quote