[LATER IN EARLY ACCESS] Mission Card - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-16-2020, 01:00 PM   #11
Brun

Would be good to have multiple presets, and the ability to select from those before starting a mission without going into the options.
Brun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 08:40 AM   #12
Gruman

And I hope those mission data option are just readable text files which can be accessed through external software (example: CombatFlite).

Some other inputs.
  • Import/Export function
  • Load Profile
  • Save Profile
  • Mission & Waypoint Planner
And all should be accessible from the Role Selection Screen. All Airframes should get this at a basic form (Mission & Waypoint Planner). The rest should be dependend on Cartridge Capabilities of the specific Airframe.

Let's hope for some news soon

TM Warthog, VPC T-50 Base, TM TPR, PointCtrl, VRK
Gruman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 03:31 PM   #13
raelias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidtfire View Post
”We are looking into making mission planner avalible in multiplayer.”

Granted it is nice to have all the aircraft settings configured. But to be able to quickly make flightplan with waypoints and targets is really important, at least on the more progression driven multiplayer servers. Hope this gets prioritized, JF-17 and Viggen are a joy to fly thanks to their
Data Cartridge approach.
Couldn't agree more, also very importantly setting the countermesures program, me and I would guess most people almost always use it on bypass because configuring everythig on the DDI every flight is just a pain

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II
raelias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 05:37 PM   #14
Gruman

Well, both the F-16 and F-18 have countermeasure files you can setup. So those are already covered. ;-)

F/A-18c
Code:
"C:\Program Files\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\TEWS\device\CMDS_ALE47.lua"
Same file works for the F-16c as well. Just copy it over.

Btw, the App "CombatFlite" has a GUI for this CMS Settings

Old 01-17-2020, 06:38 PM   #15
Harker
DCS Ground Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruman View Post
Well, both the F-16 and F-18 have countermeasure files you can setup. So those are already covered. ;-)

F/A-18c
Code:
"C:\Program Files\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\TEWS\device\CMDS_ALE47.lua"
Same file works for the F-16c as well. Just copy it over.

Btw, the App "CombatFlite" has a GUI for this CMS Settings
The F-16 has had its own file for a while now and it's different, since you have burst and sequences in the F-16.
Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, i7-8700K, RTX2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4, 960 Pro 512 GB, 970 Evo Plus 1TB, WD Gold 6TB, Seasonic Prime Platinum 1300W, Acer Predator XB271HK|Hornet grip on T-50 base, Warthog side-stick, Warthog throttle, TPR pedals, 3 MFDs, MT desk mounts, TrackIR, VAICOM Pro|
F/A-18C, F-16C, JF-17, AV-8B, A-10C, M-2000C, F-14, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
Harker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 07:41 PM   #16
Harlikwin
Veteran

Yeah I'd love to see this implemented 2 different ways..

A set of default paramaters, that you can select when contacting the ground crew like you can change skins. I.e. A/A-1 or A/G-1 could be different sets of pre-sets.

Secondly a DTC functionality like the JF17 has for loading way-points (or lets face it something better than that, its still kludgy).

And finally last minute weapon parameters set on the ground like laser codes, Burst heights for CBU munitions, etc.
Old 01-18-2020, 02:13 PM   #17
Gruman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harker View Post
The F-16 has had its own file for a while now and it's different, since you have burst and sequences in the F-16.
Thanks for the heads up. Was able to find it
Code:
"C:\Program Files\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\EWS\CMDS\device\CMDS_ALE47.lua"

Old 01-18-2020, 06:04 PM   #18
Wizard_03

I know there's third party programs available, But we need an in game solution. This aspect of mission planning, and aircraft configuration is a HUGE part of modern combat aviation. That should be represented in DCS itself.

I'm concerned this has become something of an afterthought, with many users and third party project aircraft creating their own methods of data upload. I just think that for us to have a realistic simulation of the hornet or any other modern jet, data cartridges and pre-configured aircraft are an essential element. The focus of late has been on more game-play content, But IMO this a core part of the experience for many of the modern jets in DCS, and is not represented well or at all atm.

It's sorta like how they're improving communications for MP in game. Because that's something that we really shouldn't have to figure out for ourselves. This is the same principle.

Last edited by Wizard_03; 01-18-2020 at 06:09 PM.
Wizard_03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:50 PM   #19
DeathAngel1

Is there any plans to det MUMI page soon? It will be so, so useful...
Old 02-17-2020, 06:55 PM   #20
_mu110_

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathAngel1 View Post
Is there any plans to det MUMI page soon? It will be so, so useful...
What purpose would it serve without the data card feature that Wags has already been previewed?
_mu110_ is offline   Reply With Quote