Autopilot disconnect - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-15-2020, 07:48 PM   #11
River

by the way ... if the RL manual is different to the Heatblur published one, a link would be awesome mate. Thx
River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:44 PM   #12
MYSE1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
by the way ... if the RL manual is different to the Heatblur published one, a link would be awesome mate. Thx
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...light=document

i7-4790K @ 4.6GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 2133MHz RAM |
MYSE1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:53 AM   #13
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Exactely, I´d really like to know how to map the Autopilot disconnect button in the controls ... anybody ... Heatblur ?
It's the IR missile fast select button. When the AFK is on, the IR missile fast select button serves as a AP disconnect button. When AFK is off, it serves as a fast select button for the Sidewinders.
That's how it works in DCS. I don't know if this is true to real life.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Last edited by QuiGon; 01-17-2020 at 07:34 AM.
QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 06:27 AM   #14
River

This is from another Viggen forum:

The button on the Styrspak that is AP Disconnect. Is that ATT or HÖJD off but SPAK still on? Or SPAK off?

Answer: It’s called ”SNURK” which is short for Snabburkopplingsknapp (snabb=fast, urkoppling=disconnect, knapp=button).
It cancels all the SA06 modes (SPAK, ATT and HÖJD). SA06 is the Styrautomat 06 or Autopilot
Old 01-17-2020, 08:42 AM   #15
River

The IR missile fast select button is located on the throttle, a shared button with Autothrottle (AFK) disengage.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:56 PM   #16
kengou

If it disables spak, is this function designed for something like emergency stall recovery? Not sure why I would want to do this in normal flight. I've had it bound to the ATT/HOJD and it's somewhat handy, but not enough to necessarily justify a joystick button.
Hangar: A-10A | A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B II NA | F-14 | F-15C | F-16C | F-5E II | F/A-18C | FW-190D-9 | JF-17 | KA-50 | M-2000C | MI-8MTV2 | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | MiG-29 | P-51D | UH-1H | SU-27 | SU-33

Cockpit: Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5 | 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD panels
kengou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 07:54 PM   #17
Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kengou View Post
If it disables spak, is this function designed for something like emergency stall recovery? Not sure why I would want to do this in normal flight.
You don’t.
Normal autopilot (Styrautomat SA06) mode is SPAK and the AJS 37 is normally flown in this mode. There’s really no reason to disengage SPAK mode unless there’s a failure in the SA06 system. So you normally switch SA06 modes by pressing the buttons under the glareshield. The SA06 can fail for any number of reasons as there’s a lot of servos and sensors involved. In most failure cases the SA06 will disengage automatically. The SNURK (Snabburkoppling or rapid disengage) button on the stick is for those cases when the auto disengage isn’t working, giving the pilot full authority.
Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:45 AM   #18
SpeedStick

Just a FYI on how I have AP set up.

I also think the mentality behind it is that SPAK is not really meant to be disconnected.
So I moddeled mine after the mirage. Got a VKB stick. First stage trigger is Attitude toggle, second stage as Level autopilot. First trigger also toggles between SPAK and attitude.
I guess you could also supposedly also set trigger up as a AP-standby, like mirage.
Old 02-07-2020, 06:56 AM   #19
River

Acording to a real Viggen pilot the AP disconnect on the stick works as a step back command. For example if one has all three AP on a click goes back to ATT, next click would be SPAK.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:46 AM   #20
outbaxx

Quote:
Acording to a real Viggen pilot the AP disconnect on the stick works as a step back command. For example if one has all three AP on a click goes back to ATT, next click would be SPAK.

This is how interpret it when reading the pilot manual too. And if you press it in SPAK you will disconnect SPAK.
outbaxx is offline   Reply With Quote