[UNABLE TO REPRODUCE]JTAC Abort - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-14-2020, 02:16 PM   #31
bonesvf103

I am dropping GBU without TGP because the JTAC is lasing the target.

v6,
boNes
Old 01-14-2020, 02:27 PM   #32
takamba

Yeah, but you still need a reference point on the ground, otherwise your targeting computer would not be able to calculate the release point.
Thats why you can set a waypoint as target point.
Old 01-14-2020, 03:11 PM   #33
bonesvf103

I leave it in CCIP mode, find where the target is (by smoke or otherwise), and drop. It hits 90% of the time all the time.

v6,
boNes
Old 01-29-2020, 01:51 PM   #34
bonesvf103

Update: I find that on this stock GBU mission in the Caucuses if you fly fairly straight in (follow the line from the WP SEQ to the WP) then make your IP inbound, laser, spot, then in hot call, you will get cleared hot. Deviate too much from that and you will get an abort.

I also found that you can egress any way you want and it doesn't seem to have an effect (of course the preferred egress is in the direction the JTAC says).

Last I found that even if your bomb hits and they clear you to re-attack, you have to do it quickly--they won't have the laser on forever even if they say you are cleared hot.

To avoid this, after they confirm the kill, I check out, then check in again. I have to go through all of the 9 line stuff again, but I use that time to parallel my ingress route and then turn onto the ingress heading. By the time I'm set up, I am ready to tell them to turn the laser on.

With the above, out of 6 bombs dropped, all 6 hit.

Then I landed at Senaki and ran out of gas on the apron, haha.

v6,
boNes