Option for "On else off" for switches

Hey it would be great if there are options for instance "Master Arm On, Else off" like there is in the Tomcat, or like it works in the Falcon's master arm, so It would work better with the TM Warthog's throttle base switches, some assingments like the refueling boom works like that but others like the hook and master arm switch doesn't.

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

If you are willing to make simple additions to the "default.lua" that's easy to get. I have added the following line of code to get just what you want:

{down = SMS_commands.MasterArmSw, up = SMS_commands.MasterArmSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.SMS, value_down =  1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Master Arm Switch 2-Pos ARM/SAFE'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('Master Arm Panel')}},

I have added about a dozen commands to the F/A-18 for maximum use of the switches on my throttle and button box.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

If you are willing to make simple additions to the "default.lua" that's easy to get. I have added the following line of code to get just what you want:
{down = SMS_commands.MasterArmSw, up = SMS_commands.MasterArmSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.SMS, value_down =  1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Master Arm Switch 2-Pos ARM/SAFE'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('Master Arm Panel')}},

I have added about a dozen commands to the F/A-18 for maximum use of the switches on my throttle and button box.

Thats cool thanks, I'll try that, still I think ED should implement that to make things more "TM Warthog friendly" as it's the most popular hotas

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

...still I think ED should implement that to make things more "TM Warthog friendly" as it's the most popular hotas

I fully agree, but I have come to the conclusion that ED is not going to do that. If you are interested I can post the other commands I've created for the F/A-18C.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

It's been requested for years that ED expose the underlying functionality that exists directly in the bind screen. That would remove all the need for developers to create special-case switch duplicates for every conceivable controller variant (or even just the Warthog). It's kind of silly that the bind functionality is fully capable of handling on-release triggers, but that those don't exist as shift- or combo states like any of the Shift/Command/Alt keys.

It would just solve so many problems and make things so much easier for everyone involved… :(

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

...on-release triggers, but that those don't exist as shift- or combo states like any of the Shift/Command/Alt keys...

What do you mean by "on-release triggers?

LeCuvier

What do you mean by "on-release triggers?

Detecting that a button has been released rather than pushed — the transition from an “on” state to “off” rather than just off-to-on.

As the code snipped you posted shows (and as illustrated by all the different modules that have this behaviour applied to various binds) the bind system is already fully capable of detecting button releases — there, the states are called “up” and “down” rather than “off” and “on”. It is simply not exposed to the user, necessitating all these overlapping custom binds to offer multiple ways of doing the same thing rather than leaving it as one bindable function and letting the player decide if it should fire when the button is pressed, released, or both.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

ok, just terminology then. Yes, ED is doing a poor job in my opinion. All cockpit switches that are maintained ON/OFF switches in the real cockpit should have bindings for maintained ON/OFF switches in the sim. Same goes for maintained 3-position switches.

I have given up all hope in this matter a long time ago, and each time I get a new module I have to edit that module's default.lua again. With so much practice I find it easy to do and it doesn't upset me any more.

LeCuvier

@LeCuvier,

I, for one appreciate your efforts and willingness to share your LUA snippets with the community. I find it frustrating that purchasing an expensive piece of hardware for the A-10 ends up being of limited use when integrated with another aircraft. About the only switch on the TM Warthog that seems to always work is the APU.

I just added a snippet from another contributor so that I can use the Auto Pilot (TM Hog) switch on the F-16. I would be very interested in seeing other LUA edits so I can take advantage of the TM Warthog in both the F/A-18 & F-16.

Thank You sir,

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Added control bindings for Hornet and Viper

Additions for the F/A-18C:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4187421&postcount=17

For the F-16 I have only just started:

{down = mmc_commands.Alt, up = mmc_commands.Alt, cockpit_device_id = devices.MMC, value_down =  1.0, value_up =  0.0, name = _('HUD Altitude Switch 2-POS RADAR/BARO'), category = {_('Right Console'), _('HUD Control Panel')}},
{pressed = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_ANT_ELEV_UP, cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS,    value_pressed =  0.2, name = _('ANT ELEV Knob - CW Fine'), category = {_('Throttle Grip'), _('HOTAS')}},
{pressed = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_ANT_ELEV_DOWN, cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS,    value_pressed = -0.2, name = _('ANT ELEV Knob - CCW Fine'), category = {_('Throttle Grip'), _('HOTAS')}},
{down = iCommandPlaneGearUp, up  = iCommandPlaneGearDown, name = _('LG Handle 2-Pos UP/DOWN'), category = {_('Left Auxiliary Console')}},
{down = control_commands.ApPitchAlt_EXT, up = control_commands.ApPitchAlt_EXT, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE, value_down =  1.0, value_up = -1.0,    name = _('Autopilot PITCH Switch ALT HOLD/OFF'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('FLCS')}},
{down = control_commands.ApPitchAtt_EXT, up = control_commands.ApPitchAlt_EXT, cockpit_device_id = devices.CONTROL_INTERFACE, value_down = -1.0,    value_up = -1.0, name = _('Autopilot PITCH Switch ATT HOLD/OFF'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('FLCS')}},
{down = fcr_commands.PwrSw, up = fcr_commands.PwrSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.FCR, value_down =  1.0, value_up =  0.0,    name = _('FCR Switch 2-Pos FCR/OFF OFF'), category = {_('Right Console'), _('SNSR PWR Control Panel')}},
{down = ufc_commands.FLIR_GAIN_Sw, up = ufc_commands.FLIR_GAIN_Sw, cockpit_device_id = devices.UFC,    value_down =  1.0, value_up =  0.0, name = _('ICP FLIR GAIN/LEVEL 3-Pos Switch GAIN/LVL'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('ICP')}},
{down = ufc_commands.FLIR_GAIN_Sw, up = ufc_commands.FLIR_GAIN_Sw, cockpit_device_id = devices.UFC,    value_down =  -1.0, value_up =  0.0, name = _('ICP FLIR GAIN/LEVEL 3-Pos Switch AUTO/LVL'), category = {_('Instrument Panel'), _('ICP')}},

LeCuvier

My buddy ThRud made corrections to my Lua and it would be great to have all the Client side choices save totally to the Saved Games Folder so we don't have to use Generic MOD Enabler Programs to keep custom settings like Lua edits from being replaced with each DCS Update.

ok, just terminology then. Yes, ED is doing a poor job in my opinion. All cockpit switches that are maintained ON/OFF switches in the real cockpit should have bindings for maintained ON/OFF switches in the sim. Same goes for maintained 3-position switches.

I have given up all hope in this matter a long time ago, and each time I get a new module I have to edit that module's default.lua again. With so much practice I find it easy to do and it doesn't upset me any more.

@ LeCuvier, I Totally Agree, ED should look at full transition to the Saved Games folder for any settings we save and reduce the need to retrieve data from game folder files except for the common core basic information.

Edited by =JUICE=

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]