Mission 5 problem

I've tried mission 5 multiple times but can't manage to pass it. On my first two attempts, as I distanced myself from the target in an attempt to locate it more easily, I was told the mission was a failure because I strayed outside the MOA, when in fact I didn't (I checked MOA limits in the pdf).

On my third attempt, I released flares successfuly over each set of vehicles but after landing and shutdown, FE told me I was unqualified. The mission success triggers need to be looked at.

My biggest gripe is that you get no message telling you if each pass was successful or not. You need to fly the entire 45 minutes mission, land and shutdown in order to know what happened. I've tried to provide a track but the file was too big (21MB) as max allowed file size was 5MB.

I've attached screenshots showing proper illumination of each target.

tgt1.thumb.jpg.b3c77fd1813ffe49fba31eceb18e2dec.jpg

tgt2.thumb.jpg.81eb801df31983b7aa48e9bcc6b680ea.jpg

tgt3.thumb.jpg.c980e38573c20dba6e40164a740e30cb.jpg

Edited by Nooch
Merging first and second post and making things more concise

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry but we couldn't reproduce your issue.

As per the briefing you need to drop when below 6000' AGL and within 1nm of the target.

Try and drop when right over the target as the flares tend to drop straight down and we want maximum illumination over the target area.

When releasing the flares you should press and hold the release button down for a few seconds to ensure the game engine registers the drop. You should hear the pilot say "2 Away" and if you are within the proper parameters you will hear "Well Done! Target in Sight!"

Here are some screenshots (VR) but you can see what we mean.

Screen_171030_081556.thumb.jpg.6a7d442ebcbbfefa6efbef4a718b51c4.jpg

Screen_171030_081721.thumb.jpg.90619492da73d9716019a19861382ba3.jpg

Screen_171030_081859.thumb.jpg.b644b41287182411401f12fab87b0b67.jpg

Screen_171030_083007.thumb.jpg.b31b244267c43cd713394503a9c16a32.jpg

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Sorry but we couldn't reproduce your issue.

As per the briefing you need to drop when below 6000' AGL and within 1nm of the target.

Try and drop when right over the target as the flares tend to drop straight down and we want maximum illumination over the target area.

When releasing the flares you should press and hold the release button down for a few seconds to ensure the game engine registers the drop. You should hear the pilot say "2 Away" and if you are within the proper parameters you will hear "Well Done! Target in Sight!"

What I can tell you is that I indeed made sure to drop below 6000' AGL and pressed the pickle button long enough to hear "2, Away" each and every time. I didn't hear the "Well Done" message though.

Here is the link to my track file.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I recommend updating your video card drivers and re-flying the mission.

That's helped others that have had trigger problems.

Also try the practice mission and see if you have the same trigger problem (triggers are the same in both missions). It's an in-air start so a quicker way to test the triggers on your system.

EDIT: Reviewed your track and you were within parameters for a successful drop however try holding the release button down for a few seconds longer (maybe a 3 second count) to get the "Well Done - Target in Sight" message. When you first press the release button that triggers the "Two Away" voice over but to determine where the flares are actually dropped we also need to know that you are still in the trigger zone over the target with the release button pressed. This takes the game engine another second or two to determine. We used to be able to use the bomb in zone trigger but flares were removed from that mechanism. The 3rd target is a moving convoy so you do have to search for it. Try looking north and west of the waypoint and you should spot it. It's activated when you overfly the 2nd target WP. We are making some updates for the 2.2 release so will see if we can make this mechanism less problematic.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

Thanks for reviewing my track. My drivers were up to date so the issue must come from elsewhere. I did hold the pickle button depressed for what seemed a long time for me but maybe it still wasn't long enough. I would suggest to modify the triggers of the mission in order to make it realistically achievable.

Anyway I probably won't retry the mission as I already spent quite a lot of time on it but in case I do, I'll keep you updated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

After taking a little break from the campaign, I decided to refly the mission today and finally passed it with a Q rating. You were right Sabre, the problem was coming from the very long press needed for the flare drop to register. I pressed the pickle button about twice as long as I did last time and made sure I heard "target in sight" on every pass.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Same here, no matter how well lit the objectives are, can't get to pass the mission... I won't be loosing my time on "time for pickle button press" issues... It is pretty much the end of this campaign for me... I have lost enough time trying to debug the thing up...

OS: Windows 10 64-bit | CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.2GHz | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founders 11GB | RAM: G-Skill 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4/3600MHz | SSD: 480gb Corsair HyperX | MoBo: EVGA Z270 Stinger | Oculus Rift | HOTAS Warthog

• 10 months later...

ahA! Just failed this mission as well (on 2.5), probably because I was too high. I am reading here "below 6000' as per the briefing". Where is that written in the briefing? I stood there happily at 8000', therefore probably releasing them farther away than 1nm, and was clueless whether the "shot" was successful or not.

Will give it another shot soon.

Cheers!

Oh darn... Apologies, and thanks!

I read the pdf files before launching the missions, and wrongly assumed the in-game briefs were identical.

I just tried it again, and failed. I am under the impression that the "hard deck" is still active during those drops, so that I should be flying between 5000' and 6000', correct? (I would rather go a little lower still, say 4000'.)

However when releasing at 5500', the FE warns "watch your altitude!", making me think I'm already doing something wrong there.

I must have missed something despite the great support ! (Bitching about my own shortcomings doesn't prevent me from appreciating the good work you did! ;-) )

No worries. There's lots to review so it's easy to miss stuff.

If you are getting warned at 5500' try a little lower but stay above the hard deck (5000') if you can.

Drop your flares when right over the target/wp. The flares have a parachute that deploys quickly so they tend to drop straight down. If you try and use the CCRP references they usually won't work.

Plus don't forget to hold the pickle button down for a few seconds (until you hear the pilot speak) to get the key press to register in the game engine.

Good luck. If you still have problems, post them as the missions tend to change a bit with each game engine update and we continue to tweak them to play better.

• 8 months later...

Too buggy mission, target 2 and 3 work, but not the first, i try since 1h in campaign mission and practice, i never hear "well done ! blablabla", im tired about that and my campaign is now stop

I've try to drop flare in 5500 ft altitude in different ccrp aim, step waypoint and tgp. Ive try to change waypoint elevation in cdu too, ive try to drop all flare in zone .... Trigger won't work.

No problem for target 2 and 3.

• 2 weeks later...

Try holding the pickle button down longer when right over the targets.

The game engine needs a few seconds to register the key presses.

You should hear 'Two Away' to indicate 2 flares were dropped, then 'Well Done, Target in Sight" if you dropped according to the parameters when right over the target (and held the release button down long enough).

• 2 months later...

Having problems with the altitude for the flare drops...I'm getting "Check your altitude" instead of "Well done lets move onto the next target" from the FE

dropping at various heights from 5250 - 5750 (which should meet the <6000 for flare drop and >5000 hard deck restrictions)

Any thoughts? (yes i'm dropping over the target rather than using the CCRP queues and holding the pickle switch after release so the game can register it)

Airbag_signatur.png

• 2 months later...

I spent the day trying to figure this out myself. After failing the check ride several times and continuously hearing "check your altitude", I edited the practice mission to daytime and made passes each time increasing altitude 300 ft starting from 5k over target 1. Despite the documentation and posts here saying 6k ft, I didn't get the "Well done, target in sight" response until 7800 ft. I finally finished the check ride dropping each flare from 8100ft and .2 miles from each waypoint at 300 kts.

We retested the mission and found the triggers were not working properly as you indicated.

We have updated the triggers so they will record success when dropping below 6000'.

We will submit the files so they should be available in the next patch release.

Thanks for making us aware.