C-101 update

Vibora

Just curious what are some of the next goals to achieve for the C-101? Progress has been swift though so nor problem if you can't answer.

Finishing engine sound (exterior and cockpit).

Finishing multicrew (some systems are still pending to synchronise).

Resolve pending miscellaneous bugs.

After that C-101 will be complete and we'll set it as Release version.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Thanks a lot for telling us what milestones remain (tough, at least for my needs, I consider the Aviojet as mostly finished).

I hope you dont mind the question, but I would love to know more about your Mirage F-1 and how its development is proceeding .. any chance that we might have it on Early Acess during 2020? :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hello, I am a newbie in this forum, and I had a problem with my aviojet de aviodev, the old one, not the new one.

It turns out that I have lost the eagle patrol and AGA maps, as well as other maps, number 3, because I have received a randomsware, the rest I have got well and thanks to the fact that I had the other maps kept safe, but those did not I find them, and the original does not work for me on my PC, so if a charitable soul can leave them, it would do me a great favor.

Only maps 1,2 and 3 of the AGA and the eagle patrol would be.

Thanks and best regards

Awesome news and thank you for the latest in a stream of updates, fixes, and improvements. :thumbup:

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

Every time I fly the C101 I feel like it's better a bit better than the month before. There's a really good progression. Keep up the good work ! :-)

Owned modules: P-47 | P-51D | Spitfire MkIX | I-16 | Bf 109 K-4 | Fw190 D-9 | Fw190 A-8 | Yak-52 | MiG-15 | F-86F | C-101 | A-10C | AJS-37 | L-39 | F-5E | M-2000C | MiG-21bis | F-14 | AV-8B Harrier II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | Ka-50 | SA342 | UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2.

Maps: Syria, Nevada TTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944, & The Channel.

Hardware: GeForce 1080TI, I7 7700K, 32GB RAM.

https://www.lesirreductibles.com -

Just ended a flight with the new engine sound. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Really great improvement for an incredible plane. Without the feel of engine or fuselage vibration, the soundset for a desktop sim is quite important. This makes me feel like having this small fast spinning engine in my back.

Thanks a lot.

Jens

Congratulations on the great work you are doing with the C-101. :thumbup:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Hi Vibora,

There are plans to update the cockpit textures to today standards ? It would be great for the release..

There are plans to update the cockpit textures to today standards ?

I hope not ... the cockpit is really nice as is, and I'd rather have the team focusing more on the Mirage F-1 development.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

A good appearance is important, but there are other issues with higher priority.
IMO, there are just a few bittily things that could be improved with the textures. But, ya, get the bigger stuff out of the way. Maybe as you learn new techniques with the Mirage, you can apply them to the C-101. Just my cent and a half.

A good appearance is important, but there are other issues with higher priority.

I know, is only the icing of the cake for an already fantastic module.

I hope not ... the cockpit is really nice as is, and I'd rather have the team focusing more on the Mirage F-1 development.

Believe me.. The Mirage F-1 is one of the most anticipated modules for me. I don't know how their workflow on the Mirage is going, but seems that the coders are doing their best to finish the C101. And taking in account how fast the technologies advance, will be a waste that the artist of the team is working in the Mirage now and his work becomes obsolete when the module is released in 2021 (random year).

What's wrong with the C-101 cockpit? I think it looks great...

+1 .. Aviodev did already re-built the cockpit a couple of years ago; not only that, but a bit over a year ago they added the CC version, with a very different cockpit from the prior EB version .. and that was included on the price of the C-101, it's like two aircraft within a single Module ... I find it amazing that people still want even more, never to be satisfied.

What's wrong with the C-101 cockpit? I think it looks great, especially compared to modules that really need an update like the F5 or Sabre.

Maybe I have something wrong with my module but both of the mentioned modules have far better textures than the C101, specially the F-5.

+1 .. Aviodev did already re-built the cockpit a couple of years ago; not only that, but a bit over a year ago they added the CC version, with a very different cockpit from the prior EB version .. and that was included on the price of the C-101, it's like two aircraft within a single Module ... I find it amazing that people still want even more, never to be satisfied.

I am not ranting or asking repeatedly about a cockpit upgrade. I only asked one time if the module is going to get a improvement in the cockpit quality as the rest of the DCS modules. Can't understand all the drama.

If the cockpit stays like now, I'm not going to cry about it. In fact I bough the module at full price at first day to support these developers, not because I was particularly interested in this module, and after all the years and development problems with the module I was patient and confident with the developers, so don't treat me like as if I was taking advantage of something or abusing the devs.

I care a lot more about the Mirage, but IMHO leaving the cockpit like is now compared with the majority of modules when the module leaves the beta is an error, but this decision belongs to the developers.

+1 for all updates to the C-101. And, if there are texture improvements for the cockpit, new paintschemes (like the one in the sounds video), or other visual improvements, then it definitely gets support from me. :)

{...} I'd rather have the team focusing more on the Mirage F-1 development.

... I find it amazing that people still want even more, never to be satisfied.

Somewhat incongruous, no? ;)

Somewhat incongruous, no? ;)

Not really, it seems so because you take two statements from different posts ..

But on the first I’m talking about an aircraft that I will have to pay in order to fly it, while on the second I’m talking about a plane we paid for years ago ... how many free upgrades do we need before feeling satisfied?

Admitted haven't used it in a while, but I recall 101s cockpit to be one of the better looking ones in DCS... constant craving for ever improving eye candy is unhealthy for the sim in my opinion. If there are bugs and missing features, hell yeah, keep on with fixing those 'till it's considered release version. But if it has good enough but not excellent visuals... meh, it's time to move on in my opinion.

A-10 and Ka-50 are ancient, and DCS had two major graphics engine changes since then, so they are a different story. Some of the other modules also got slight changes because they had to after PBR was introduced. Then there's Mirage, but it's cockpit wasn't up there with others visually before, which I think 101 is, at least as far as I recall from using it the last.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Not really, it seems so because you take two statements from different posts ..

Verily. It was my mistaken assumption, based on their coincidental appearance in the same thread.

But on the first I’m talking about an aircraft that I will have to pay in order to fly it, while on the second I’m talking about a plane we paid for years ago

Excellent point.

In which case I would certainly add that I would be happy to pay for additional updates to the C101.

I have had the C101 for nearly a year now (I got it the day it was released on Steam), and even from soon after I got it, I've been very satisfied with it and have recommended it to others (ref). Since then, there have been loads of updates, new keys, new features and, most recently, new sounds... some of which might be argued as unnecessary or unwanted. I disagree; I think they are great and am very grateful to the developers for their inclusion.

There are a lot of other modules in the DCS ecosystem which people have complained about being partly-finished. The continued development, enhancement and dedication to the C101 is something that is exceptional. Don't you agree?

So I would certainly applaud the AvioDev for their devotion to the aircraft and would enthusiastically encourage them to continue enhancing it. And, yes, I'd be more than happy to pay for such improvements.

The Aviodev C101 is great.

:)

Not necessarily referring to this module but if the module has everything advertised when it was sold I can see charging for upgrades that add additional features like the gps module or one that updates the avionics and or weapons . But if they are still features missing from the module like co-op mode where two clients can each have a seat in the plane and can exchange control like this aircraft then I believe it should be free.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.