Uncommanded Rudder Inputs - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-10-2016, 01:09 AM   #1
flynavy154

Reputation power: 0
flynavy154 is on a distinguished road
Default Uncommanded Rudder Inputs

I feel certain this is likely a problem with my rudder pedals or their settings and not the module, but in the L-39 I'm experiencing sudden uncommanded rudder inputs. For example, I can be in a left standard-bank turn with some slight left rudder applied and suddenly the rudder will snap to the full right position obviously causing a violent yaw and then oscillation while recovering. Any thoughts?
flynavy154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:54 AM   #2
msalama

Reputation power: 31
msalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of lightmsalama is a glorious beacon of light

Spiky controller pot(s)? Two controllers inadvertently bound to the rudder?
Old 07-10-2016, 07:00 AM   #3
NeilWillis
Veteran

Reputation power: 19
NeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really nice

Also, check you don't have duplicated inputs in the control settings. By default, you will see multiple inputs, and you'll need to go into the settings and delete all the unwanted ones. You have tio do that for every new module installed.
NeilWillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:03 AM   #4
Boris

Reputation power: 8
Boris is a jewel in the roughBoris is a jewel in the roughBoris is a jewel in the roughBoris is a jewel in the roughBoris is a jewel in the roughBoris is a jewel in the roughBoris is a jewel in the rough

Sorry to dig this up, but I'm having the very same issue.

The L-39 will yaw abruptly, seemingly at random, in normal, even straight and level flight.

I'm certain it has nothing to do with the controllers as this is not an issue in any other module.
PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z87-g45 Mainboard, Intel 4770k clocked to 4500 MHz, MSI 1080 Ti 11G, 16GB 2400 MHz DDR3 RAM, Philips BDM4065UC 4K UHD Screen, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift CV1
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:51 AM   #5
JG14_Smil

Reputation power: 22
JG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of lightJG14_Smil is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to JG14_Smil

Never seen it in my hundreds of hours of MP flight.

"Paddle your own canoe" -- Nick Offerman
"Go ride your bike"-- "Dad"
JG14_Smil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 12:15 PM   #6
Boris

Boris is a jewel in the roughBoris is a jewel in the roughBoris is a jewel in the roughBoris is a jewel in the roughBoris is a jewel in the roughBoris is a jewel in the roughBoris is a jewel in the rough

I'll check my axis commands again when I get home...
PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z87-g45 Mainboard, Intel 4770k clocked to 4500 MHz, MSI 1080 Ti 11G, 16GB 2400 MHz DDR3 RAM, Philips BDM4065UC 4K UHD Screen, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift CV1
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 12:39 PM   #7
Slazi

Slazi will become famous soon enoughSlazi will become famous soon enough

You can also check your input device on a second screen by diaplaying game controller input.
Slazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 03:07 PM   #8
mkiii

Reputation power: 5
mkiii will become famous soon enoughmkiii will become famous soon enough

It's the guy in the back messing with you
mkiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:26 AM   #9
LeCuvier

Reputation power: 7
LeCuvier has a spectacular aura aboutLeCuvier has a spectacular aura aboutLeCuvier has a spectacular aura aboutLeCuvier has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Sorry to dig this up, but I'm having the very same issue.
The L-39 will yaw abruptly, seemingly at random, in normal, even straight and level flight.
I'm certain it has nothing to do with the controllers as this is not an issue in any other module.
Moin-Moin!
As NeilWillis says: check your Options / Controls for multiple bindings (e.g. joystick, throttle, pedals) to the same axes! By default DCS binds axes for every new module to every one of your input devices; and you have to clear out all the unwanted ones.
I'm 99% sure that's the origin of your problem.