DCS SAM Max Ranges

FlankerMan

That impression is incorrect. What the game does is another story.

Can you expand on that point? I was under the impression ECM didn't help that much with the double digit sams.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Flying against a SA-11 from 40000'.

Launch at 21 nm.

With ECM on, launch at 12 nm.

Missile can also be made to abort by turning on ECM after launch.

Maybe it is worth taking.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..

That impression is incorrect. What the game does is another story.

I meant in game. I know IRL is rather different.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Flying against a SA-11 from 40000'.

Launch at 21 nm.

With ECM on, launch at 12 nm.

Missile can also be made to abort by turning on ECM after launch.

Maybe it is worth taking.

Huh, yeah it is. That almost gets you into a good WEZ for the harrier.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Huh, yeah it is. That almost gets you into a good WEZ for the harrier.

All Russian missiles now tested and ECM show a big improvement with all of them, (listed in my epic length bombing thread). That's taken most of the fun out of it. :)

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..