Run FCS BIT Test...when and why do you run it?

fitness88

You know, there a maybe more then 10000 blin code possible ( i have not count theme) that help maintainer, but for pilot, go or no good is just what a pilot need.

BFM require fast moving surface, including the stab. Those are big actuator moving at high pressure and high demand. so if these a close to fail, this is when it could happen. but remember, 4 channel, so their are mostly partial fail with no impact to control from the pilot.

On 4/10/2021 at 12:15 AM, Repth said:

They can be. Random failures are an option if one chooses to enable them. For the aircraft that have them you can even set the probability that the failure will occur. Even without them enabled, some people will still go thru the checklist and run checks because they like to simulate it. It's nice to see it work properly for those who decide to take the time to do so.

I mean - are failures in f-18 already implemented? If I click Random Failures in menu, can I expect to get some cautions or engine fails during the flight in current stage of F-18 development? I don't even ask for F-16 since it is very young module.

...10 years with dcs...

I mean - are failures in f-18 already implemented? If I click Random Failures in menu, can I expect to get some cautions or engine fails during the flight in current stage of F-18 development? I don't even ask for F-16 since it is very young module.
I don't think so. I've been flying with random failures enabled for years and I haven't experienced any in the Hornet.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro