Solutionish... edit the correct oob_air_init.lua file, the one in your SavedGames folder
\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\Hornet over Caucasus-CVN\Init\oob_air_init.lua 

Hello! I've only just discovered this today - after having DCS for about a year now. Beautiful work all around. I got it all setup and started my first mission and, well, spawned in the middle of the air. My ignorance suggested perhaps it's just how it is and continued on after restarting a couple times to ensure it wasn't a bug. After going through the mission to an extent where I decided to RTB, I go to call the carrier but it suggests I'm unauthorized to land, and that's when it hit me the CVN-71 is a supercarrier, and I don't own it. 

My question...
After much usage of the search bar and trying to find the perfect combination of terms to try and find a solution on how to substitute the CVN-71 with the free CVN-74, I am now writing this to ask:

How do I disable the supercarrier and use the Stennis? 😄

Only thing I kinda found was the oob_air_init.lua and switched the base for the unit with `player = true` to the stennis, but this didn't have a useful effect to my knowledge.

image.png

I tried regenerating the first mission with this, but it only provided CVN-71 missions, and restarting the campaign in DCS and loading the first mission spawned me in the air again.

Thank you for your support! ❤️

Edit:
Using Hornet over Caucasus CVN

Edited by Moses_

1 hour ago, Moses_ said:

Hello! I've only just discovered this today - after having DCS for about a year now. Beautiful work all around. I got it all setup and started my first mission and, well, spawned in the middle of the air. My ignorance suggested perhaps it's just how it is and continued on after restarting a couple times to ensure it wasn't a bug. After going through the mission to an extent where I decided to RTB, I go to call the carrier but it suggests I'm unauthorized to land, and that's when it hit me the CVN-71 is a supercarrier, and I don't own it. 

My question...
After much usage of the search bar and trying to find the perfect combination of terms to try and find a solution on how to substitute the CVN-71 with the free CVN-74, I am now writing this to ask:

How do I disable the supercarrier and use the Stennis? 😄

Only thing I kinda found was the oob_air_init.lua and switched the base for the unit with `player = true` to the stennis, but this didn't have a useful effect to my knowledge.

image.png

I tried regenerating the first mission with this, but it only provided CVN-71 missions, and restarting the campaign in DCS and loading the first mission spawned me in the air again.

Thank you for your support! ❤️

Edit:
Using Hornet over Caucasus CVN

I think I figured it out... it appears I edited the wrong oob_air_init.lua file 🙃

I had to edit this one I think ...\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\Hornet over Caucasus-CVN\Init\oob_air_init.lua 
and I was editing another one lol, I had one in ...\Downloads\Hornet_over_Caucasus-CVN-ScriptsMod.NG\DCS_SavedGames_Path\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\Hornet over Caucasus-CVN\Init\oob_air_init.lua
and another in ...\Downloads\DCS_SavedGames_Path\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\Hornet over Caucasus-CVN\Init\oob_air_init.lua

nonetheless, i edited the saved games one, ran First Mission.bat from the dce_manager.exe, and it gave me the cvn-74 missions 👍

I'm sorry for 'spam', I'm very interested in how this is all scripted 😄

I was having a bit of lag issues on my first SEAD missions and I kinda came to the conclusion, after fiddling with visual settings, that the lag is basically contributed to number of objects on the map - fair enough. 

After much attempt to understand this beautiful creation and then to try and take the most efficient step to making the campaign more playable for me, as well as, not removing too much to keep a similar feel and immersion, I question, is the art of creating a light version simply fractioning the number of objects in base_mission.miz and then adjusting the min/max firepower per object in targetlist_init.lua?

Huge shoutout to the comments in the code btw!

Edited by Moses_

14 hours ago, Moses_ said:

I'm sorry for 'spam', I'm very interested in how this is all scripted 😄

I was having a bit of lag issues on my first SEAD missions and I kinda came to the conclusion, after fiddling with visual settings, that the lag is basically contributed to number of objects on the map - fair enough. 

After much attempt to understand this beautiful creation and then to try and take the most efficient step to making the campaign more playable for me, as well as, not removing too much to keep a similar feel and immersion, I question, is the art of creating a light version simply fractioning the number of objects in base_mission.miz and then adjusting the min/max firepower per object in targetlist_init.lua?

Huge shoutout to the comments in the code btw!

Hello,
sorry for the late reply.

The original (and very well documented) code was done by Mbot, but he doesn't seem to care anymore.

Personally, I'm the guy who "rots" his code with a lot of ugly stuff ...): ^^ to try to make improvements.

Concerning Stennis, you have to change it in the base_mission.miz (with DCS)
Then change it in oob_air
and db_airbase
(from memory)

But... we are not sure that it will work well, we already have problems to make DCE work on DCS 2.7.0 and SuperCarrier.

To reduce the number of objects, you have an option in conf_mod:
PruneAggressiveness
that you can set to 2 (or 3, but to be confirmed), this code is not mine

You can try to decrease the number of flight by decreasing the mission duration with camp_init\ mission_duration (restart of the campaign necessary)

The ultimate trick, as DCS is not yet multithreaded, is to use a dedicated server, but in this case, (as written above) the taxiing and catapult management is different and not yet perfected.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

be careful, don't delete targets in base_mission, because these are also listed in the target_list file, and this could create a crash at mission generation.

Edited by Miguel21
  • Like 1

FAQ DCE (Cef & Miguel'version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

News : Crisis in Persian Gulf, one campaign, 13 modules (29/12/2023)

On 5/19/2021 at 6:35 AM, Moses_ said:

I think I figured it out... it appears I edited the wrong oob_air_init.lua file 🙃

I had to edit this one I think ...\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\Hornet over Caucasus-CVN\Init\oob_air_init.lua 
and I was editing another one lol, I had one in ...\Downloads\Hornet_over_Caucasus-CVN-ScriptsMod.NG\DCS_SavedGames_Path\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\Hornet over Caucasus-CVN\Init\oob_air_init.lua
and another in ...\Downloads\DCS_SavedGames_Path\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\Hornet over Caucasus-CVN\Init\oob_air_init.lua

nonetheless, i edited the saved games one, ran First Mission.bat from the dce_manager.exe, and it gave me the cvn-74 missions 👍

correction
no need to add the stennis in base_mission
I'm told it's already there ^^

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:

• - the mission + the tacview + a screenshot of the bug window + Give the name of the campaign + version of the scriptsMod

DCE_Manager

I am playing Falcon over pg and the player base is set to al dhafra. Problem is that I lose more wingmen due to their inability to manage fuel so fall out of the sky than due to the enemy shooting them down, so I was going to change the base to dubai international. I saw that I can do that in oob_init.... But do I have to restart the campaign for that to work? 

8 minutes ago, bonfor said:

I am playing Falcon over pg and the player base is set to al dhafra. Problem is that I lose more wingmen due to their inability to manage fuel so fall out of the sky than due to the enemy shooting them down, so I was going to change the base to dubai international. I saw that I can do that in oob_init.... But do I have to restart the campaign for that to work? 

The fuel management problems of AIs are really annoying
I'm thinking of changing that by banning them from RTB on Bingo, because once they get to Bingo, they go down and consume even more. (I will also have to manage the banning of PC in some cases)

It will be up to you to manage your flight when the first wingman will announce bingo (I also added the txt, for info in the game)

Anyway, to modify the base: yes, you will have to restart the campaign
Unless you know how to use computers
In this case, modify also .... in PG-Falcon\Active\oob_air.lua

Make a SkipMission.bat and see what it gives (important the skipmission, otherwise the modification will be overwritten)

• Thanks 2

DCE_Manager

13 hours ago, noriyappi said:

Hello, I would like to add the new AGM-84H to F-18's loadout. Can I know the setting value? Sorry for trying to edit your campaign at will.

There is no problem, you can modify the campaigns as you like (we did the same thing, these are the campaigns of Mbot, originally ^^)

what you want to modify is in the loadout, and this part is managed by Cef (which will be available from next week I think)

Basically, (I think ^^), it creates a test.miz mission with the desired loadout.
It retrieves the new values in the test.miz file (it's a compressed file, which you can open with winrar or windows if you rename it to .zip)
Inside, open the mission file
you get the values of the pylons
which you copy/paste into the loadout file
file instead of another loadout, or you create a new one by respecting exactly the way you write

If you wait for Cef, he will explain it better

DCE_Manager

22 hours ago, Miguel21 said:

In this case, modify also .... in PG-Falcon\Active\oob_air.lua

Make a SkipMission.bat and see what it gives (important the skipmission, otherwise the modification will be overwritten)

it was actually quite easy:

• I modified the mission I was going to play by hand by moving me and the wingmen to Dubai Intl and adjusted the route
  • changed oob_air.lua so that my group appears to be based at Dubai intl
  • played the mission (the wingmen didn't run out of fuel doh! )
  • accepted results and generated next mission

The new mission has me and the wingmen starting from Dubai intl, and the planned route makes sense too.

So there's no need to skip any mission

Edited by bonfor
  • Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 9:01 PM, noriyappi said:

Hello, I would like to add the new AGM-84H to F-18's loadout. Can I know the setting value? Sorry for trying to edit your campaign at will.

Cef had explained this here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/162712-dce-campaigns/?do=findComment&comment=4464467

Edited by Miguel21

DCE_Manager

On 3/28/2021 at 9:45 AM, Spartan111sqn said:

@Miguel21 strange  because we did it as in local way and we launched the mission, everything ran well, but when from the dcs.openbeta.server we stop the mission nothing happens.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance. 

On 3/30/2021 at 6:40 AM, Spartan111sqn said:

Now it works, it was an issue on the path.

The result awesome, everybody flew and enjoy on a big sortie coordinated, impressive and immersive. 

By the way we would like to modify the number of aircrafts available, we already did it, but we would like to change/add some roles for some aircrafts, for example remove antiship for A10C, add dead to av8, and others. Any advice?

Hello, do you remember what you edited specifically to fix the issue? Unfortunately, I'm observing the same issue where when I stop the mission, no debrief pops up. 

2 minutes ago, Moses_ said:

Hello, do you remember what you edited specifically to fix the issue? Unfortunately, I'm observing the same issue where when I stop the mission, no debrief pops up. 

On dedicated server?

DCE_Manager

6 minutes ago, Moses_ said:

Indeed, Mods/tech/... folder in the Saved Games/DCS.openbeta folder, so I choose that mission in the Web GUI, but yeh, when I stop mission using Web GUI, no debrief 🤔

for it to work well on a dedicated server
you must:
- install DCE + OvGME on the dedicated server
- generate the mission on the DCE which is installed on the dedicated server

If you don't have a debriefing at the end of the mission, you should normally have an error window, in this case, it's because the path is wrongly filled in DCE_Manager.exe or that you didn't generate a mission AFTER having filled in these paths

DCE_Manager

34 minutes ago, Miguel21 said:

for it to work well on a dedicated server
you must:
- install DCE + OvGME on the dedicated server
- generate the mission on the DCE which is installed on the dedicated server

If you don't have a debriefing at the end of the mission, you should normally have an error window, in this case, it's because the path is wrongly filled in DCE_Manager.exe or that you didn't generate a mission AFTER having filled in these paths

Hmm, haha, any other ideas 😄 I'll try some more...

I'm fairly new to this environment, but should the Web GUI log show 'mission end' or that of some sort when the mission is stopped? It appears the debrief stuff is called from EventTracker .lua (maybe), but idk if it's even triggering Mission End, (i feel like a noob lol)

What needs to happen for Mission End to be triggered, like in general - if you don't mind me asking? I just know I'm kinda doing same steps to try and understand on dedicated server vs regular campaign, Start Mission, select role, click battery switch (for fun), and exit.

disregard, i have no idea what fixed it, but it appears to be working now, ty for help ❤️

Edited by Moses_

9 minutes ago, Moses_ said:

Hmm, haha, any other ideas 😄 I'll try some more...

I'm fairly new to this environment, but should the Web GUI log show 'mission end' or that of some sort when the mission is stopped? It appears the debrief stuff is called from EventTracker .lua (maybe), but idk if it's even triggering Mission End, (i feel like a noob lol)

What needs to happen for Mission End to be triggered, like in general - if you don't mind me asking? I just know I'm kinda doing same steps to try and understand on dedicated server vs regular campaign, Start Mission, select role, click battery switch (for fun), and exit. 

To activate the debriefing, you need to:

- start the mission
- start playing it (no need to put the battery on)

- ("Web GUI") stop the mission

This should:
- display a text file (on the dedicated server computer screen)
- display a DOS window for generating the next mission (on the dedicated server computer screen)

This is why you need to monitor the dedicated server in 2 ways:
- physically: you are in front of the screen of the PC on which the dedicated server is running
- by Teamviewer (for example) to "see" the DCE mission end windows (debrief + DOS)

Edited by Miguel21

DCE_Manager

41 minutes ago, Moses_ said:

disregard, i have no idea what fixed it, but it appears to be working now, ty for help

glad it works ^^

DCE_Manager

On 5/20/2021 at 5:42 AM, Miguel21 said:

To reduce the number of objects, you have an option in conf_mod:
PruneAggressiveness
that you can set to 2 (or 3, but to be confirmed), this code is not mine

Regarding the PruneAggressiveness in conf_mod.lua: upon testing, this appeared less effective than desired, like whacking it up to 10 with ForcedPruneSam set to true
However, apparently there's a line in DC_Prune.lua
image.png
where that 10 was set to a 3, so no matter how large you made pruneaggressiveness, the min was always going to be 3, if the aggressiveness was greater than 3. I suppose this probably has some effect beyond face value - removing out of scope targets, but thought i'd share in case others are like "yo, this prune aggressiveness aint working."

Makes me wonder tho, why have the ultimate max to be 3?

unfortunately, the solution to simply have a dedicated server is beyond my reach atm. it's still the ultimate goal if I can find an extra pc lying around with 16gbs of ram 😄 (I tried with laptop, but didn't realize only 8gbs until the damn thing would freeze every second lol)

Edited by Moses_

2 hours ago, Moses_ said:

unfortunately, the solution to simply have a dedicated server is beyond my reach atm. it's still the ultimate goal if I can find an extra pc lying around with 16gbs of ram 😄 (I tried with laptop, but didn't realize only 8gbs until the damn thing would freeze every second lol)

My laptop configuration I use for my dedicated server :  Intel I5-4200 CPU @2.8Ghz  8Go RAM - SSD hardrive for system and DCS OB server (That was my sole upgrade) ... DCS World is not running very well but it's really enough for my server 🙂

Edited by PB0_CEF

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

On 5/3/2021 at 8:30 AM, noriyappi said:

I ran the updater and noticed that 6 files were changed.

I've also left feedback before that, but I often see the F-14 blocking the f-18 trying to use catapult #1 and #2. I will leave feedback after testing.

I am dealing with the same issue still. In NG 20.46.93.  Sometimes the hornet will get stuck as well, or if player spawns on the 6 pack and doesn't move fast enough to get out of the way before a traffic incident happens on deck. 

The auto downloader from the DCS worked so far , it updated the NG folder and I got the new version loaded ( though the deck problem got worse, I will test more today. )

11 hours ago, ameriveaux said:

I am dealing with the same issue still. In NG 20.46.93.  Sometimes the hornet will get stuck as well, or if player spawns on the 6 pack and doesn't move fast enough to get out of the way before a traffic incident happens on deck. 

The auto downloader from the DCS worked so far , it updated the NG folder and I got the new version loaded ( though the deck problem got worse, I will test more today. )

The version has changed, it is now 20.46.102 since one week

And I think that with this one, the problems of taxiiage are solved, except the problems of catapult blocked

DCE_Manager

Hi. There seems to be a problem with one of the missions in the Crisis in Persian Gulf Hornet CVN Light version using Mbot Dynamic Campaign Engine. I am using DCS 2.7. It is the attack on Kasab air field. First iproblem there are no targets. No targets listed on the F-10 map none in the mission editor. And when you get to Kasab airfield there are no targets on on the ground  as well.  Now you can make out the buildings but when you bomb them no kills are recorded for me or wingmen and at the end the the final is that kasab was not hit and is 100% operational. And when you look at he results hits are recorded but no kills for me and my wingmen. Then on the flight back home something is not right as well. When I do my carrier inbound I get a final bearing of 261 and a radial of 88. I plot this into the computer and go into my pattern. When I commence my approach to the carrier I am given a final bearing of 101 which places me at the wrong end of the carrier where originally it was 261. I check the radial and the radial shows me I am on the correct side of the carrier. I thought it was a bug so I continued my approach. Sure enough I was on the wrong end of the carrier. I was approaching at the front end of the carrier. Now I have played this campaign in DCS 2.5 and have not experienced these problem. I have recently switched to 2.7. So these problems may have something to do with the version  being played. So far only that mission had any problem's. I played 4 other missions and they where fine. Thought I would let you know.

2 minutes ago, Orestd said:

Hi. There seems to be a problem with one of the missions in the Crisis in Persian Gulf Hornet CVN Light version using Mbot Dynamic Campaign Engine. I am using DCS 2.7. It is the attack on Kasab air field. First iproblem there are no targets. No targets listed on the F-10 map none in the mission editor. And when you get to Kasab airfield there are no targets on on the ground  as well.  Now you can make out the buildings but when you bomb them no kills are recorded for me or wingmen and at the end the the final is that kasab was not hit and is 100% operational. And when you look at he results hits are recorded but no kills for me and my wingmen. Then on the flight back home something is not right as well. When I do my carrier inbound I get a final bearing of 261 and a radial of 88. I plot this into the computer and go into my pattern. When I commence my approach to the carrier I am given a final bearing of 101 which places me at the wrong end of the carrier where originally it was 261. I check the radial and the radial shows me I am on the correct side of the carrier. I thought it was a bug so I continued my approach. Sure enough I was on the wrong end of the carrier. I was approaching at the front end of the carrier. Now I have played this campaign in DCS 2.5 and have not experienced these problem. I have recently switched to 2.7. So these problems may have something to do with the version  being played. So far only that mission had any problem's. I played 4 other missions and they where fine. Thought I would let you know.

thank you
We may have a problem with the aircraft carrier if you ask for 60 minutes in the wind: it may turn all the time (to be confirmed)

However, you play in 2.7? But did you register base_mission in 2.7 as announced on this forum (when 2.7 was released)
because we have not yet released a fully compatible campaign in 2.7, and for the moment, there is only Hornet over caucasur CVN which is in test

DCE_Manager