Oculus Rift S With DCS World Discussion

Wags

Hi, I've just bought a Rift S and starting playing DCS in VR, but I'm not keen on having to reach for the Rift hand controllers to operate the cockpit switches. How do I map the controls so that I use the on screen cross that mirrors where I'm looking and then map a button on my Hotas to act as the mouse click to operate whatever switch I'm looking at? Thanks.
You can go to the UI layer section in dcs control settings to do most of what you are looking for.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I can go in to settings to define my own controls, but which specific section am I looking for? Is it somewhere in the general tab, the axis controls tab, etc? Do I need to have the Oculus controls disabled in the VR section, or something set in a specific way in the VR section? I'm looking for specifically where do I need to go and what do I need to assign in the control options to do this?

Thanks.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

I know I can go in to settings to define my own controls, but which specific section am I looking for? Is it somewhere in the general tab, the axis controls tab, etc? Do I need to have the Oculus controls disabled in the VR section, or something set in a specific way in the VR section? I'm looking for specifically where do I need to go and what do I need to assign in the control options to do this?

Thanks.

The settings you want are kind of hidden.

In the controller menu, scroll down where the module listing is - where you would normally select the module you want to assign settings to.

Down toward the bottom is the UI Layer - select it.

There you can map mouse functions to your HOTAS buttons, as well as two levels of zoom and VR Re-center.

Note these UI settings are global and not module specific.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I am still looking for an option the center the mouse-pointer.

Otherwise when I am using the mouse when operating the map or some other mouse task, I will forget to center it for use with my headset and have to search my mouse again.

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Since the last Oculus software/firmware update (beta) i have to restart the Oculus software after every shutdown of the PC (only booting without shutdown causes no issues) to get the headset detected. Both USB always show as Rift-S. Simply clicking the red connection button for the headset and then select restart (in that second screen the connection button is already green) software. Sometimes a second software restart is needed.

Since the update to 13.xx this issue seems solved. Every time i start the Oculus software, the devices are present now. No need to restart anymore.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Ok this is a first for me. Randomly but more often than not when i get in a plane at the top it says Main on the left and Static 1 on the right in text. Never seen this before and doesnt happen all the time when entering the aircraft but it stays there. Anyone else?

Ok this is a first for me. Randomly but more often than not when i get in a plane at the top it says Main on the left and Static 1 on the right in text. Never seen this before and doesnt happen all the time when entering the aircraft but it stays there. Anyone else?

Yes. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=264319

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 4080 Super * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

I just updated to the current release version today, after having not fired up DCS in several months. I am using a Rift S. Unless I press Alt+Ent for full-screen mode, the mirror cuts off the bottom 1/3 on my 2D display. In VR, the mouse will not reach below that point, so the bottom third is inaccessible (i.e., cannot click on OK, Quit, etc.).

Any ideas how to fix this?

I just updated to the current release version today, after having not fired up DCS in several months. I am using a Rift S. Unless I press Alt+Ent for full-screen mode, the mirror cuts off the bottom 1/3 on my 2D display. In VR, the mouse will not reach below that point, so the bottom third is inaccessible (i.e., cannot click on OK, Quit, etc.).

You’ve already found the only fix I know of

Is your monitor set to it's native resolution?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Is your monitor set to it's native resolution?

It is. I have single dislplay set in DCS settings, but resolution there is set lower but I don't think that has any effect. I think in the past I wondered if that might affect the mirror's resolution, set it, never touched it again. I do have 4 displays connected and running, but that also has never been an issue in DCS as far as displaying on single screen, mirror, or in the HMD.

You can try the resolution 1280x1440.

I noticed yesterday that the Oculus HUDs to monitor the performances don’t display anymore in DCS. They are there but behind the screen so invisible. On the main menu, it’s possible to see it by looking 80 degree up.

Do you have the same issue ?

(running DCS open beta and oculus beta drivers)

i7 12700k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, M.2 512Go, Quest 2

Yeah...think there’s another thread somewhere about it. One poster says they solved it by turning off windows game mode. I already have game mode turned off and still same issue as you.

Hope it gets resolved or if someone can recommend some other performance monitor that we can use.

Does the steam vr one work in rift s?? I believe not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank for the thread, missed it.

Misconception about Dash and HUDs in the thread but it answer the question about the HUD issue. Will be fixed in future update of DCS or Oculus drivers.

Concerning Dash, it can’t be displayed in DCS as Don said.

i7 12700k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, M.2 512Go, Quest 2

Just installed a Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X mainboard and some more new hardware today.

When I first plugged in the Rift S into the USB3 port everything was fine. When I restart the computer now Windows is showing me "unknown device (port reset failed)" in the device manager though and I have to unplug and plug it in again to use it.

Did anyone else encounter this behavior before? I spend hours on Google trying to find a solution, tried to change Windows power settings, made sure that the Rift cable was plugged in on both sides, tried all USB3 ports, and reinstalled my drivers but had no luck so far.

Any help is much appreciated helpsmilie.gif.

Just installed a Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X mainboard and some more new hardware today.

When I first plugged in the Rift S into the USB3 port everything was fine. When I restart the computer now Windows is showing me "unknown device (port reset failed)" in the device manager though and I have to unplug and plug it in again to use it.

Did anyone else encounter this behavior before? I spend hours on Google trying to find a solution, tried to change Windows power settings, made sure that the Rift cable was plugged in on both sides, tried all USB3 ports, and reinstalled my drivers but had no luck so far.

Any help is much appreciated helpsmilie.gif.

If you have tried all ports and still have that same thing happen each time I would open a support ticket with Oculus. It certainly should not be doing that.

I will say the Rift S is very finicky and greedy on USB 3 Ports, best if you can plug it into a port that is not sharing the hub with another device.

Also insure your USB drivers are up to date, which being a new board I would think they should be. Might also try removing the port in device manager and rebooting to see what happens.

Also if you happen to have a 2080 GPU you could try plugging the Rift S USB into the USB C-Port on the GPU, but you would need an adapter for that. I am running my Rift S USB through that port and it is solid as a rock.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Thanks for your answer dburne. Sadly I already tried your suggestions and only have a 2070 Super without USB C. I just ordered a powered USB-3 hub. Hopefully this will fix the problem, at least I won't have to climb behind the computer to plug/unplug the Rift S.

Anyway, if someone encountered this before please let me know how you handled it.

Thanks for your answer dburne. Sadly I already tried your suggestions and only have a 2070 Super without USB C. I just ordered a powered USB-3 hub. Hopefully this will fix the problem, at least I won't have to climb behind the computer to plug/unplug the Rift S.

Anyway, if someone encountered this before please let me know how you handled it.

I went through this buying a powered hub. For some reason my rift S still comes up as disconnected but if I load to windows, then do a power reset through windows it seems to wake it up. It’s a bit annoying but much less so than climbing behind the computer every time.

Some sort of startup “feature” in the bios probably not powering up properly the first time it starts- that’s my guess. The other thing I’ve heard is that it might be related to having an AMD gpu