New DCS world open beta version, where?

Malakie

If you are on STEAM they pulled the update due to major problems (crashes). They will advise once those are fixed.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hi,

I`m downloading at the moment the patch for the standalone-version (not over Steam)

Kaspersky put the WorldGeneral.dll to quarantine

Perhaps false alarm ?

I checked the old WorldGeneral.dll in \DCS World OpenBeta\bin with Kaspersky -> OK

##### EDIT

Download finished

DCS Open Beta crashes on start

The old WorldGeneral.dll does not work

Repair is useless - the missing and new downloaded WorldGeneral.dll is deleted by Kaspersky

I`ll wait some days

I guess it is false alarm

Would be nice to get an input for the WorldGeneral.dll from other users with different security software

-

Worldgeneral_dll.jpg.ebb894c5b953ef2d9fc1119b6d79f142.jpg

Edited by Blech

I'd suggest excluding DCS folder from AV scanning and then whitelist any DCS files that went to quarantine and recover them.

i suggest you, to not do that.

theres a reason why antivir are picking the file up and instantly delete it.

this happend a while ago and might prove my point that u shouldnt randomly trust someone just cuz they are releasing the game.

last time i checked the worldgeneral dll wasnt even packed, so there must be something in it. havent analysed it, so i cant tell you what it actually is.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/02/19/flight-sim-group-put-malware-in-a-jet-and-called-it-drm/

I don't use steam for DCS. I also contacted support as it ends up it pretty much corrupted my install.. Their response was 'anti virus'.. Problem is my systems do not have AV of any kind installed or in use.

So if you update, be careful.

Take it light...

Malakie

Buy Tobii Eye & Head Tracker with 5% off using link (https://www.kqzyfj.com/3r65ft1zt0GIHHKJOIILGILLMHKNL) - Use code at checkout: MALAKIEUSN 

I'd suggest excluding DCS folder from AV scanning and then whitelist any DCS files that went to quarantine and recover them.

The problem is NOT anti virus.

The update completely corrupted my install for DCS. I do not use steam, my mine is a DCS install. Second, my main system has NO, NONE, NADA, zero anti virus installed or active of any kind.

Whatever is going on is NOT AV at all.. something else is going on.

Take it light...

Malakie

Buy Tobii Eye & Head Tracker with 5% off using link (https://www.kqzyfj.com/3r65ft1zt0GIHHKJOIILGILLMHKNL) - Use code at checkout: MALAKIEUSN 

Another common problem is Viacom VoiceAttack? Disable it and check again if you had one.

If not run DCS clean and repair.

It's ok to be careful but remember you run the games on admin rights most of the time and by using Windows you have to trust Microsoft too, because you have no control over it.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I need to wear my tinfoil hat for reading this thread. What is funny is that they dont trust ED but they do trust a semi controversial Russian cybersecurity company :megalol:

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I need to wear my tinfoil hat for reading this thread. What is funny is that they dont trust ED but they do trust a semi controversial Russian cybersecurity company :megalol:

What are you talking about? You assume a lot don't you? Steam trust has nothing to do with anything. Trusting a software company from Russia has nothing to do with anything.

1) I bought into DCS before steam showed up with it. So why would I buy a second copy from Steam?

2) AV software is a joke for anyone that has any clue about how systems, networks and such actually work. Not running AV software does not mean someone "trusts" someone.. It means some of us actually know how to secure out networks and systems properly..

But tell you what, you join the US Navy as I did, get properly trained, spend years OJT including designing and installing the very first ever Fiber Optic network and then maybe you might have a clue what I am talking about in this regard.

Tired of people like you that make assumptions without having any knowledge or facts.. Go troll someplace else.

Take it light...

Malakie