Vulkan API - Page 34 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-07-2019, 08:39 PM   #331
hansangb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
Honestly I'm hoping next year and thats more of a "hope" than a realistic guess. I'm "hoping" we see the VR improvement in the next 3 months.

I'm on the same trajectory. Lot of shaders to touch for Vulkan. So yeah, VR update in 3 months, and Vulkan rollout Q1 next year.
Spoiler:
i7-8700K Delid/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, EVGA Z370 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, JetSeat, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, CV1
hansangb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:53 AM   #332
Worrazen

https://www.khronos.org/events/vulkanised-is-back

Quote:
14:45 - 15:30 – Optimising a AAA Vulkan Title on Desktop (Lou Kramer, AMD)
DCS-Setup: Win10 x64 1607, 1440p@75"32, MOBO: Asus P9X79, CPU: Intel Core i7 3820 4.0GHz, GPU: Radeon RX 480 8GB, 24 GB RAM @ 1333 Mhz, DCS on SSD Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, Saitek Cyborg X/FLY5 joystick.
Worrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 05:57 PM   #333
Beamscanner

wags,

is the team still at work on Vulkan or is it on hold?
Beamscanner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 12:20 PM   #334
Worrazen

Probably not, they wouldn't invest in something like that only to stop in the middle, the last update was about the shader stuff, that's a large part.
DCS-Setup: Win10 x64 1607, 1440p@75"32, MOBO: Asus P9X79, CPU: Intel Core i7 3820 4.0GHz, GPU: Radeon RX 480 8GB, 24 GB RAM @ 1333 Mhz, DCS on SSD Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, Saitek Cyborg X/FLY5 joystick.
Worrazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 08:50 PM   #335
sobek
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worrazen View Post
Probably not, they wouldn't invest in something like that only to stop in the middle, the last update was about the shader stuff, that's a large part.

The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

Unforeseen things can happen in the course of a project, the respective engineers can quit or, god forbid, worse. Other projects can take precedence, requiring a shift in ressources. Basically, everything can happen. That's not even factoring in hitting unforeseen roadblocks which is common when switching to different technologies, especially complicated ones like the graphics API.
sobek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:08 PM   #336
Fokjohn

But it's their job to build a good game? Especially one that keeps evolving into a bigger product day after day. I don't see how that's an excuse. "X can happen and Y may be a problem". It's their responsibility to calculate/foresee at least some of these errors. My boss won't give a toss if I'm late for work tomorrow, why should we keep cutting slack of off ED's terrible coding?

They will never, NEVER stop working on upcoming money-maker modules like the F-16 and take a better look at the existing product until their customers say something about the current state of the game. I wish them the best of luck and that they have taken my thoughts (that are shared by many members in this community) seriously and keep their head down after the F-16 comes out.
Fokjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:11 PM   #337
DigitalEngine

For whoever is interested///

Tips and Tricks: Vulkan Dos and Don’ts

New Vulkan® Extensions in Driver 19.6.2

GPU = Zotac GTX980ti Amp Extreme
Hard-drive = Samsung V-NAD SSD 950 PRO M.2
Cooling = Corsair H100i V2 water cooler, plus RAM mounted fans.

Corsair Vengeance® C70 Mid-Tower Gaming Case — Military Green
OS = Windows 10 64bit
Power supply = EVGA 1200P2
HTC Vive
DigitalEngines's Twitch Channel, Youtube Channel
DigitalEngine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 07:07 PM   #338
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fokjohn View Post
But it's their job to build a good game? Especially one that keeps evolving into a bigger product day after day. I don't see how that's an excuse. "X can happen and Y may be a problem". It's their responsibility to calculate/foresee at least some of these errors. My boss won't give a toss if I'm late for work tomorrow, why should we keep cutting slack of off ED's terrible coding?

They will never, NEVER stop working on upcoming money-maker modules like the F-16 and take a better look at the existing product until their customers say something about the current state of the game. I wish them the best of luck and that they have taken my thoughts (that are shared by many members in this community) seriously and keep their head down after the F-16 comes out.
The F-16 isn't the only thing we are working on, there are a great many things being worked on, including the future direction of the sim as a whole, but when there is news, we will be happy to share, right now, on this topic, there is simply nothing to share.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 08:05 PM   #339
Fokjohn

Then I have nothing to add as I already expressed my complaints. Please keep us updated on your progress as much as you can, have a nice day.
Fokjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:48 PM   #340
zhukov032186

I'm going to laugh my ass off when Vulkan drops and it makes no significant difference on our end. The wails and gnashing of teeth shall shake the forums!!! Hahaha you guys are always so funny

It makes some dev processes easier and makes gpu draw calls somewhat more efficient. It will not magically give you more magahurtz or make your discounted 950 gpu 3x more powerful.

Last edited by zhukov032186; 07-11-2019 at 10:51 PM.
zhukov032186 is offline   Reply With Quote