Printed manual progress

Caspet

Printed manual progress  

500 members have voted

1. 1. Printed manual progress

Does someone who ordered the lulu black and white version fancy uploading some pics to should the quality and how its bound? I'm tempted to pick one up myself.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1587752&postcount=1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Old System Specs:

CPU: AMD Pnehom II x6 1090T

MOBO: Asus M4A88TD-V

GPU: EVGA 01G-P3-1371-AR GeForce GTX 460

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

HDD: Hitachi GST Deskstar 7K3000 2TB

PSU: Corsair CMPSU-750TX

Case: Cooler Master HAF 932

Monitor: Gateway FHD2400 24" (1920x1200)

Mouse: Logitech G9x

Extras:

LG WH10LS30 BD Burner

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

Sharkoon SR 5.1 Surround Headset

Thrustmaster T1600 Joystick

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does someone who ordered the lulu black and white version fancy uploading some pics to should the quality and how its bound? I'm tempted to pick one up myself.

Take a look at post number 197.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1550518&postcount=197

I've bought one, no complaints. So much nicer to have a manual in your hands. Hate reading pdf's. Go ahead and treat yourself to one.

Regards,

Milli

That actually looks fantastic. Thanks for posting that. I think Ill place that order now!

Yes thanks for info, I placed an order should received it within the next few days: thumbup:

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanna know if the dcs changed the procedures of flight on version 1.2.1 up to 1.2.4 ?

In the last version (1.2.4) i can't launch my mavericks, i not see the guide lines on ccip or ccrp mode and the "wagon wheel" of maverick dont move on the hud.

This is a bug or im a noob ? :D

This printed manual to 1.2.1 version can to be used on dcs 1.2.4, be the same procedures for all version of a10 ?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

i7 920 @ 4.2 GHz 1.3v | P6T DLX V2 + 6GB DDR3 1600 MHz 1.64v + 2x 320 GB RAID0 | GTX 670 + 22" | STACKER 830 + CMPSU 850TX

WINDOWS 8 PRO

I wanna know if the dcs changed the procedures of flight on version 1.2.1 up to 1.2.4 ?

In the last version (1.2.4) i can't launch my mavericks, i not see the guide lines on ccip or ccrp mode and the "wagon wheel" of maverick dont move on the hud.

This is a bug or im a noob ? :D

This printed manual to 1.2.1 version can to be used on dcs 1.2.4, be the same procedures for all version of a10 ?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

If you can provide a track of short mission where you're attempting to fire off the mav's, it would be pretty easy to help you out.

As it stands, just sounds like you might not be doing it correctly.

Hello,

1 - My hud dont show the "aiming reticle" on any mode (ccip, ccrp, gun).

2 - My "wagon wheel" of maverick dont move and not show on the hud.

3 - The master mode ccip, not show the guide lines to the launch the bombs (mk82, gbu 12/10).

4 - When the HUD is SOI not show the targeting box on the hud.

My hud simply not works well, not showed any aiming reticle on any mode.

I always followed the instructions of the dcs-start guide, but in the version 1.2.2 forward my hud have ever a serious problem.

Sorry by the long time to reply, but i have problems to edit this vid.

Edited by elemenohpee

i7 920 @ 4.2 GHz 1.3v | P6T DLX V2 + 6GB DDR3 1600 MHz 1.64v + 2x 320 GB RAID0 | GTX 670 + 22" | STACKER 830 + CMPSU 850TX

WINDOWS 8 PRO

Reading all manuals offline with ASUS Nexus 7 with Mantano Premium https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mantano.reader.android&hl=en

It's awesome and I truly recommend it. I use it also for PDF manuals for real life flying.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Just ordered the B & W A10c manual, it looks really good quality.

Its too bad the colour one is so expensive I would have paid up to £40 for the hard back colour but certainly not £135 how can it be nearly 10x more expensive.

Anyways am sure the B & W will be more than adequate.

Hello,

1 - My hud dont show the "aiming reticle" on any mode (ccip, ccrp, gun).

2 - My "wagon wheel" of maverick dont move and not show on the hud.

3 - The master mode ccip, not show the guide lines to the launch the bombs (mk82, gbu 12/10).

4 - When the HUD is SOI not show the targeting box on the hud.

My hud simply not works well, not showed any aiming reticle on any mode.

I always followed the instructions of the dcs-start guide, but in the version 1.2.2 forward my hud have ever a serious problem.

Sorry by the long time to reply, but i have problems to edit this vid.

the video does show something 'wrong' in that it appears you are not in the right mode. However, the video doesn't help much in solving the issue. A trackfile would be much better, as posted previously.

FC3 Manual???

Now that FC3 is out of beta, has anyone published the manual to Lulu.com? I really like having hard copies of the DCS manuals and am missing this one. I tried uploading it myself for print but didn't have the necessary software to embed the fonts. Can anyone help?

elemenohpee.trk

the video does show something 'wrong' in that it appears you are not in the right mode. However, the video doesn't help much in solving the issue. A trackfile would be much better, as posted previously.

My tracking file to be attached, sorry for my ignorance.

Thanks for you help, but i dont know that happens with my hud and maverick on the last versions of dcs a10c module.

elemenohpee-003.trk

Edited by elemenohpee

WINDOWS 8 PRO

[ATTACH]83119[/ATTACH]

My tracking file to be attached, sorry for my ignorance.

Thanks for you help, but i dont know that happens with my hud and maverick on the last versions of dcs a10c module.

Ok, I watched this, and to be blunt, it sort of hurt to watch. Your startup procedure is very incomplete.

A few things I noticed; now this does not prevent you from firing your mav's, as they will work just fine so long as they are activated and locked onto a target. Your HUD issue stems from your very incomplete startup procedure.

Some will disagree, but ALWAYS wait for your CDU to align BEFORE moving your plane. An advanced scenario would be to scramble your jet and get airborne in the least amount of time, then start and in-flight alignment and go from there. Without explicit instructions on how to do this, I wouldn't attempt it. From what I saw in your .trk file, you are not quite that advanced, either. So, ALWAYS let your CDU align before moving your plane.

I never saw you activate your oxygen supply, or turn on your pitot heat. The oxygen isn't going to affect your systems any but the pitot heat will affect your speed and altitude readings (not quite that simple, but should still always activate it)

You turned on your TGP and Mavs before you even left the ramp areo. I'd wait until airborne for either of those. You also never activated your JTRS. Again, this might not affect your HUD settings, but you should still activate it, in my opinion, during your startup procedure.

You also never changed to EGI, activated the EAC (which you would not have been able to due to not letting the CDU align) or changed your radar to ALT. I think this also messed with the HUD settings.

I tried to change HUD modes but I think due to the CDU alignment not being completed, it wouldn't let me.

I was able to find a target, lock the mav and fire it, but the HUD did not show the usual cues. Again, pretty sure this is due to not letting the CDU align.

I'll post my own procedure shortly. it is an abbreviated/combined start up procedure I've developed after following several different start up procedures. I believe this gets everything done thatt's needed in the shortest time and with the least amount of head movement (I use TRACKIR) to get me airborne as quickly as possible. I sometimes fumble about a bit, especailly when trying to find what base I'm at and getting the correct radio frequency to contact ATC for requesting START UP, TAXI and TAKEOFF.

After I am airborne, THEN I start activating combat systems (laser, master, tgp, Mav EO, etc)

edit: added .trk file of MY startup procedure. It works for me. This might not work IRL, but in sim it's fine and gets done what needs to be done, by the time it needs to be done.

lmnop.trk

Edited by Evil.Bonsai
  • Like 1

Firstly, sorry to do you watch this poor start-up. lol

But i solved my problem with your track, i forget of click over egi and nav mode button, i dont play for a long time and forget the fully procedure.

Thanks a lot.

WINDOWS 8 PRO

Before we got off topic, I thought this was a very important question.

Is the lulu manual still current?

Before we got off topic, I thought this was a very important question.

Is the lulu manual still current?

Is the same procedure, on version 1.1.1 up to 1.2.4, right now my hud works like a charm (with on the first version).

I belive that manual is current, and the little change on this game was only two buttons (day/night/off) on mfcd.

My error was forget my start-up, in this game you cant never stop to play.

Sorry for all users by the off topic.

:thumbup:

Edited by elemenohpee

WINDOWS 8 PRO