[UNABLE TO REPRODUCE INTERNALLY] IFF only works with NCTR and is automatic

Harker

Tested on OB 2.5.4.28841, PG map, new mission, no mods.

Two tracks added. One with a SURV donor and one without.

*When no donors are present, IFF on hostile contacts will not work unless NCTR is enabled and then it will auto-IFF radar contacts without requiring a lock or a TDC Depress on them.

*Disabling NCTR will return the return the contacts to unknown (yellow staple, box on the HUD), even if it was identified as hostile before.

*Friendly units without PPLI will automatically appear friendly on the SA page, with or without NCTR and without needing to be interrogated.

*TDC Depress doesn't appear to do anything anymore.

*When a donor is present, the donated information is correct, ie a hostile contact will be shown as hostile with or without NCTR.

*With or without NCTR and without interrogation by ownship, the HAFU will be a full diamond with a priority number, instead of just a donor symbol (ie a small diamond without priority, in the case of a SURV donor), as long as my own radar detects it.

*Only when the radar is set to SIL do the contacts return to their normal donated symbols (the full diamond becomes a small diamond), as they were suppossed to be with radar on and no interrogation.

The issue is simple to reproduce, just set up a friendly AC without PPLI, hostile AC and maybe an AWACS, depending on the case.

FA-18C_IFF only works with NCTR and is automatic.trk

FA-18C_IFF only works with NCTR and is automatic_with AWACS.trk

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Possible IFF Bug on today's update.

So Wags said this about the IFF for today's update.

I may be incorrect with this so someone correct me if I'm wrong. I would assume that to interrogate a contact as enemy you would need an NCTR confirmation of what the target is as apposed to an unknown.

Currently as implemented:

• Mode 4 enemy -> stays as unknown. (Correct behaviour I believe)

• STT Lock Enemy -> stays as unknown

• Turn on NCTR -> goes from unknown to enemy despite the NCTR type saying UKN.

• Turn off NCTR -> goes from enemy to unknown.

I believe the bug is in step 3. The contact in the attached track is beaming and as such should have no confirmed NCTR return correct?

The second thing is that the friendly in the mission below is that the friendly was IFF'd as a friendly despite not mode 4'ing the friendly.

PossibleIFFBug.trk

Seeing as this is now marked as Unable to Reproduce Internally, does this mean that the issue is fixed in the internal build and will be fixed in the next OB update?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

Yeah, I assumed that too. It's just that simply marking the post like that leaves me wondering if it's an issue isolated to me and/or a few others (bad) or just a general issue that ED has solved internally and will be gone in a patch or too (good).

The new stuff in the video look pretty sweet, btw

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

-

Seems to be fixed in 2.5.4.29004.

A new issue is that it still occurs with LTWS enabled, if the target is within NCTR range, by simply making it the L&S target. Reported in a separate bug report.

-