Game freeze/Crash

REDEYE_CVW-66

For the last couple of months I have had trouble with freezes/crashes that last anywhere from 15- 60+ seconds before I have to alt-tab out or the game magically comes back to life (But then I am usually dead). No crash log is generated.

I cannot for the life of me find out what causes it and it has broken to many MP session for me to stand it anymore.

It usually happens between 30-60 mins on heavy missions.

I have done the usual deleted fxo/metashader

All drivers up to date.

Preload has been maxed out (Because I have gotten stutters when it is lower).

Graphics: Low shadows, flat terrain shadows, the rest on high.

Swap file controlled by windows.

Power options set to high performance both in Nvidia control panel and in Windows.

Specs:

Windows 10

i5 3,4 ghz

GTX 1080ti

16 GB ram

• 2 weeks later...

I'll try it also, but:

Can anyone tell me what PRELOAD radius should I select at DCS options, to best avoid stutters ?

Some say; less, others say more, others say maximum, what ?

Thank you.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Windows pagefile needs to be custom size as per the sticky

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=230471

Well, so far it seemed to have work for me...

I was having crashes (in SP, custom mission) everytime and immediately after ripping a wing off.

After doing that tweak with pagefile, indeed the sim took a lot of time to load at the first time - but the crashes didn't happen anymore (fingers crossed).

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system

True and wise suggestion, this too.

But, on my side at least, I tried ALL the hints in all the other related topics here, but no one succeeded.

This alone is far more than the whole all what occurred to me in more than 20 years of simulated flight. Disappointing, sad to say that.

So, if this weird and uncommon issue continues, my last chance will be to format all, reinstalling Windows and DCS after, keeping my fingers well crossed and wishing for the best.

With best regards.

True and wise suggestion, this too.

But, on my side at least, I tried ALL the hints in all the other related topics here, but no one succeeded.

This alone is far more than the whole all what occurred to me in more than 20 years of simulated flight. Disappointing, sad to say that.

So, if this weird and uncommon issue continues, my last chance will be to format all, reinstalling Windows and DCS after, keeping my fingers well crossed and wishing for the best.

With best regards.

But didn't the pagefile tweak that @Mustang suggested solve your crashes ?

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

No, Top Jockey.

Thanks for replying.

Unfortunately neither that one (I already knew and applied that hint, BTW).

Most funny, no error log file available - so all is working fine out there, I have to guess.

Right? :doh:

With best regards.

No, Top Jockey.

Thanks for replying.

Unfortunately neither that one (I already knew and applied that hint, BTW).

Most funny, no error log file available - so all is working fine out there, I have to guess.

Right? :doh:

With best regards.

Hello again,

Have you managed to solve your crash issue ?

I've posted my current solution at the thread below.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3869380#post3869380

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Hi, Top Jockey.

Sorry for the delay. Thanks for the hints, I already knew and applied them all once again, with unfortunately no results.

So, as already I was thinking about a general OS system failure, I'm going to format my SSD and make a fresh reinstall of all.

Hope this can fix those issues at last. Wish me well :smilewink:

And thanks a lot for your kind and appreciated attention, I owe you one.

With best regards.

Hi, Top Jockey.

Sorry for the delay. Thanks for the hints, I already knew and applied them all once again, with unfortunately no results.

So, as already I was thinking about a general OS system failure, I'm going to format my SSD and make a fresh reinstall of all.

Hope this can fix those issues at last. Wish me well :smilewink:

And thanks a lot for your kind and appreciated attention, I owe you one.

With best regards.

That's also a possibility but before that, you could send a PM to @NineLine.

Although I'm not sure if he is the one more related to bug solving, he will know to tell who would.

You could describe the nature of your crash, your system specs DCS install to see if they can advice you better.

Good luck and keep it posted.

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

Thanks a lot for this last suggestion.

I will in a future occasion, if in need.

But after I have realized how it was , I have decided to proceed to format... and apparently I succeeded, this showing there was indeed something corrupted in my OS as first.

There is something weird about a mod still, but I'm going to post this in that proper section.

Thanks a lot for all once again, dear mate.

With best regards.

Will try. Does it have to be on the OS drive, or can it just as well be on the game drive, which I have on an SSD?

Me too

Page file for the Windows drive or DCS drive? Both ?

Both are différent and both on Ssd

That’s à major question

Thanks