Unable to quit to desktop

Shibbyland

Had the same problem too. I delete fxo, metashaders2 and change the F-14 theme in DCS to another one (SU-25 for example); I can quit now without problem. It seems that activating the Tomcat theme could be the cause, because I had deleted the fxo and metashaders just after the last openbeta update.

same here - VR player - Can´t quit even with task manager. Complete Log-out from windows works out.

Edit: Jim is right, didnt had that problem before F-14 installed (used the theme for a while)

Edited by Wexler

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

Same here... EXIT is really hard/slow. And i notice that starts with last two updates.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Same here mostly happens exiting from MP use, quit the MP session goes back to the hanger no menu and I have to use taskmanger to kill the DCS process.

Also the switching between MP chat seems dodgy.

I'm currently on the DCS 2.5.4.27430 stable version.

For those that can't task switch you need to have another app running in background I usually have chrome running so I can task switch to that then run task manager and end DCS task.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

same issue here as well. have to force close DCS. Also takes a really long time for DCS to actually launch now (in VR). Previously it started loading into the game almost immediately.

Owned Modules: F-18, F-16, F-14, AV-8B, A-10c, Huey, Hip, KA-50, Gazelle, Mig 15, Mig 19, Mig 21, FC3, P-51, BF-109, C-101, L-39, F-5, YAK-52

PC Specs- 8700k at 5.1GHz on Asrock z370 Fata1ity k6, EVGA 1080ti SSC2, 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ, 1TB NVMe m.2 Drive for DCS with a 500gb NVMe M.2 boot drive, Oculus Rift S

still happens after update

same , black screen when exit from DCS menu , have to disconnect my windows session to return to windows desk.:(

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

same , black screen when exit from DCS menu , have to disconnect my windows session to return to windows desk.:(

After having removed all files from FXO folder, problem seems to be resolved.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Finally I managed to collect some crash logs. They all are from today. Hope it brings some light into darkness.

Logs.zip

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...

I still to have this problem sometimes or DCS takes a long time to close.

I have found that when DCS freezes on exit, if I switch to my Head tracking app (FaceTrackNoIR tracking IR leds on my case) and Stop the tracking, DCS closes immediately….