[CANNOT REPRODUCE] Cockpit light flickering

BONGSOO

Thank you lixma 06, i had shadows off and i turned them to low and it went away.Then i turned back off just to check and the flickering came back.Thank you very much for the help one of my favorite things to do in DCS is AAR and this was so distracting that it made it even harder than it already is.I also get flickering in mig 29 cockpit and other aircraft if i have taxi lights on I'm going to go and check to see if this fixes that problem as well.Cheers..

P.s I just checked the Mig 29 and other aircraft .Shadows off caused the problems.

Edited by fatboy

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

@Lixma 06

Thanks for the heads up, i do use "flat only". Guess I'll just have to turn off the lights until they fix it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

• 3 weeks later...

This flickering light issue has been there for long now.

Quite annoying.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Until it's fixed, an interim workaround would be to turn off all external lights with the switch on the throttle.
Wilco, thanks

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I just set my shadow to low and the flickering light disappeared on refuel probe extension. It what the shadow setting all along.

My external lights are on by the way. It is the shadow setting.

Edited by Eaglewings

• 3 weeks later...

Yes the issue still exists and reproducable.

I can't enable the shadows because my PC is quite old and shadows are causing too many FPS losses.

We have AAR mission almost in our every flight, and this issue is quite annoying.

Please ED fix this issue.

PS: I tried to open probe on the ground but when on the ground the flickering does not exist.

Sorry for my bad english.

Edited by Skycelik

The light flickering was a common occurrence when I had my shadows in flat in option section. Learnt that setting shadow to low or higher make it go away and it did for me setting shadow to low.

Also want to add that this is not just an inside cockpit issue. Honestly, perhaps it might be something with the sun as well? Light reflections? Probe light?

First pic is normal. Second and third, the light anomaly can be seen on the right side of the cockpit, as well as the ejection seat, as a bright light, only when the probe is up. When it's stowed, everything is fine.

2I08c0v.png

6OvbI5d.png

UEjABKn.png

Edited by TheD3vil

same here... could be related to the probe's light propagation? in my rig is simply veryfiable by free flighting into the inst action refuellin for f-18 in caucasus, and when i raise the refuel probe, it starts flickering.

• 3 weeks later...

Same issue here, happens all the time when the probe is extended. It also happens on custom missions, as soon as I enter the mission - with the probe closed. Sometimes after restarting DCS it goes away however the probe open strobing never does. Cockpit shadows are off, have to try if the workaround will lend a temporary fix.

Same issue here, happens all the time when the probe is extended. It also happens on custom missions, as soon as I enter the mission - with the probe closed. Sometimes after restarting DCS it goes away however the probe open strobing never does. Cockpit shadows are off, have to try if the workaround will lend a temporary fix.
You try setting your shadows to low in your dcs graphics option page. This was a constant occurrence for me until I set my shadows from flat to low and the flickering lights and other glitches went away on extending refueling probe. Never came back.
Edited by Eaglewings

i have the same issue as well

SFMBE

Setting shadows to low seems to be a viable workaround - most of the time. In custom missions (nothing to do with extending the refueling probe) the strobing randomly returns. A few times managed to fix it by exiting and restarting DCS. Not sure if it has anything to do with it but looks to me that the strobing starts when I do modifications to an existing mission and save it. Turning the exterior lights off didn't have any positive affect for me.

Recently got the Harrier in the Sale, an it has the exact same problem with the refueling probe.

it also suffers from the same problem when the gear is down, but that is not 100% reproducible. the refueling probe is tho

SFMBE