[REPORTED]Shadows in cockpit projected in the wrong direction

Redglyph

Cockpit shadows are still broken in todays 2.5.5.34108 Openbeta update, please let us have the great looking ones we had two versions ago, thanks.

Yes, shadows were correct two versions ago but it created another problem:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3984782&postcount=1

I believe they are working on this important issue

YouTube || Copycats - technology and product clones (primarily aviation) || dgrigoriev.com
SPECS: i7 8700K (OK 5GHz), 2xGTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, 1Tb SSD, WIN 10, 2560x1440, Oculus Rift CV1 || TM Warthog, TIR5, MFG Crosswind pedals

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It's been a long time since the shadows worked, but now it spoils the good feeling of flying.

@BIGNEWY there is already an internal solution?

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

• 2 weeks later...

Huey looks fixed but it was a local fix to the model, not a global fix to the shadows. So most of the older aircraft are still broken.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Yeah, that was a very cool effect while it lasted (for one week). You could stop the sun from shining on the screens by just moving your head.

Now we're back to transparent bodies.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Yeah, that was a very cool effect while it lasted (for one week). You could stop the sun from shining on the screens by just moving your head.

Now we're back to transparent bodies.

Yeah I can never understand why the heck ED decided to remove that feature, gutted to see it go :(

I remember thinking to myself that this was too good to be true, and sure enough come the next update the pilot shadows were gone and all the pit shadows were semi see through messes again.

• 3 months later...
Yeah I can never understand why the heck ED decided to remove that feature, gutted to see it go :(

I remember thinking to myself that this was too good to be true, and sure enough come the next update the pilot shadows were gone and all the pit shadows were semi see through messes again.

I suppose they're redoing something, in fact there was something wrong in the cockpit shadows, but the problem of ED as ever, is the times, I expect body shadows returning after some updates, but many months passed and here we are..