JTAC does not Respond to 2nd Aircraft in Group

Enjoying the new LASER Mavs for the Hornets, but as it's my first time setting up AI JTAC, I thought I might be missing something.

In the attached mission file, I have 3 total JTACs set up. Each one is the lone vehicle in its group. JTAC 1 and 2 are set to FAC assign the same group. JTAC 3 assigns another group elsewhere. My brother hosts the mission and is the second aircraft in my group. Thus far he has been unable to get a response from JTAC 1 or 2, while I am able to. Does JTAC only respond to the lead aircraft in a group?

In our tests he contacted JTAC 2 first while I contacted JTAC 1. When that didn't work for him, we tried switching JTACs. JTAC 2 then answered me but JTAC would not answer him. Again he is the host, and the second aircraft in my group. We do NOT attempt to contact the same JTAC at the same time. We have triple checked that he is on the right frequency and is using the radio set to that frequency.

And lastly, I have not been able to get JTAC assign me targets unless I have LASER Mavs onboard (he does respond this time though). On all my tests the JTAC was set to call upon either unguided weapons, or just the auto setting. Obviously he does not assign targets when I have only guided weapons and he's set to unguided, I know it wasn't that.

Hopefully someone knows what we're doing wrong. Thank you in advance.

ACPW Practice Range.miz

I have also had this same problem, you need to change it in your mission editor in UNIT's to 1x (lead) not UNIT's of 4x etc as AFAC will only speak to the (lead aircraft) in that flight group, so to get around this just change the units to a single lead unit for each aircraft only and that will fix your problem, until ED do something about it, So your next best friend will be Left Ctril C and Left Ctrl V :)

I hope that helps you,

Ghost

Edited by Gh0st007

My system specification

i7 13700KF/ Z690 Aorus Elite/ 32GB/ Galax 4080/ ViewSonic Elite XG320Q 32/ Next level racing - Sim cockpit - Boeing editing / 3x MFD's, Trackir 5/ TPR/ Orion2 F/A-18 Throttle/VPC WarBRD Base/ Hornet grip/F-16 grip/ HP Reverb G2

:thumbup:

I can confirm this issue as well. It took me a while to figure out what was at issue in my mission that the JTAC would not reply...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I have a similar issue.

I have 1 JTAC set to lase only on a specific group of targets, We are loaded with the new MAVs for the hornet, yet the JTAC provided grid information only; no lasing on line. I was able to get it to work offline without changing anything in the mission.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I have a similar issue.

I have 1 JTAC set to lase only on a specific group of targets, We are loaded with the new MAVs for the hornet, yet the JTAC provided grid information only; no lasing on line. I was able to get it to work offline without changing anything in the mission.

If your AFAC isn't lasing your targets you need to set it in mission editor, it needs to be set in (advanced way-point settings) :thumbup: if you don't tell the AFAC to laser your targets in advanced way point setting it will not do that task and it will not laze the selected group or even give that option to laser - doesn't matter online or offline

I hope that helps sir

Ghost

Edited by Gh0st007

My system specification

i7 13700KF/ Z690 Aorus Elite/ 32GB/ Galax 4080/ ViewSonic Elite XG320Q 32/ Next level racing - Sim cockpit - Boeing editing / 3x MFD's, Trackir 5/ TPR/ Orion2 F/A-18 Throttle/VPC WarBRD Base/ Hornet grip/F-16 grip/ HP Reverb G2

If your AFAC isn't lasing your targets you need to set it in mission editor, it needs to be set in (advanced waypoint settings) :thumbup: if you don't tell the AFAC to laser your targets in advanced way point setting it will not do that task and won't laze the selected group

I hope that helps sir

Ghost

That is how it is setup, but its not working. That's why I was wondering if its a bug or some such. :thumbup:

edit: I should have stated that is how its setup in my initial post. Sorry.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

That is how it is setup, but its not working. That's why I was wondering if its a bug or some such. :thumbup:

edit: I should have stated that is how its setup in my initial post. Sorry.

If you like I can have a look at your missions and see whats going on if you haven't already fixed it sir?

My system specification

If you like I can have a look at your missions and see whats going on if you haven't already fixed it sir?

I'll send you a PM...thanks. :thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png