Question on

BlacleyCole

What is the difference between client and player?

Here’s how I think of the term player is the human pilot in a single player mode and client is the proper term for the human slot in a multiplayer mission. Is that correct I do ot recall the options being described in the user manual but I may have missed it?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

There can only be one player aircraft in the mission. If you have 1 or more client aircraft then when you start the mission you will get a prompt showing a team and then aircraft selection. When its just a single player aircraft you spawn directly into the aircraft.

Also failures and cockpit related triggers only work on player aircraft.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

"Client" aircraft slots are offered at the beginning of the mission as choices. If a slot is not chosen by a pilot, the plane does not spawn. "Player" slots are filled by the pilot when the mission is started. Generally speaking, client slots are used to offer choices to players in multiplayer missions, and player slots are for single player, single aircraft missions. The distinction is not set in concrete. The single player missions I build for myself use "client" slots because I want the single player to have a choice of aircraft to fly. I've never tried, but I don't think you can mix the two in a mission.

Win 10 | i7 4770 @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR3 | 6 GB GTX1060